CHAPTER 18 - TELL ME HONESTLY

- Eros -

That motherfucker.

Jordan ran off like a fucking dog with his tail between his legs, not even daring to take a look back at where he left Destiny.

I trailed my gaze back to the pathetic excuse of a gang in front of me and I glared at each of them, "Now who was the one that insulted my woman over here?"

The thugs looked at one another while the guy who got slapped by Destiny seethed at them, "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! BEAT HIM UP ALREADY!"

They ran up to me and I slammed each of their faces hard with a single blow, knocking them out cold one by one.

The last guy left standing was the one who got slapped by Destiny, his eyes darted to his friends around him then back at me.

I didn't know what he saw in my eyes, but the moment I cocked my head he sprinted off in the other direction, stumbling as he went.

The heat within me raged for a moment more before stilling into a calm storm. I couldn't shake off the adrenaline. I took a deep breath, letting my mind see clearly.

Jordan was just another douche. What now?

It was then I felt Destiny grip the back of my shirt and I turned around slowly to face her.

The fear in her eyes were evident, but there was serenity and security reflecting in her beautiful brown orbs too. 

"Are you okay?" I whispered, my voice low and dangerous. 

She trembled at my tone, probably realising for once in her life that I was a man she should be cautious of. She nodded confidently though, and tried a small smile.

"Thank you," her voice broke and I realised she was holding back her sobs.

Oh mighty lover of Greece.

My heart broke.

I took her into my arms, holding her firmly against my chest as her body shook with all her contained emotions.

She sobbed uncontrollably, her tears staining my shirt in a huge dark patch. I didn't know how long we stood there for, I just held her until she was completely dry of tears.

Payne even came out of the club to look for me and found us standing there. He didn't question anything though, he could hear and probably even feel her deep sorrow. 

He left us alone and turned back into the club.

When she finally stopped, I released my grip on her slightly. She nearly slipped to the ground but I held her again, realising she fell asleep in my arms.

I lifted her carefully and tucked her into her car. The car smelt brand new. Freshly polished leather seats, not a speck of dust could be seen.

I got into the driver seat and took Destiny's car keys from her purse, pushing the key into the key hole and pressing on it. The car erupted to life and I strapped my beautiful princess in.

I took another look at her, her wavy red hair resting past her shoulders, her eyes closed in deep slumber, her lips slightly parted so delicately. I sighed before speeding down the road.

Why did it hurt to love her?

***

- Destiny -

I shifted slightly, I felt completely exhausted. As if I ran a full marathon, my body felt weak and my eyes were tired and sore.

Then I felt him, could almost smell his masculinity in the air.