CHAPTER 17 - SAVE ME

- Destiny -

I paced around the lush gardens outside my studio, trying to get a particular someone out of my mind.

It wasn't working.

He sat through your class and listened to you for hours, how sweet is that?

I smiled, unbelievably sweet.

He doesn't love you Destiny, he loves Psyche.

My brows creased, he did love her.

“DESTINY PAIGE!” Elaine screeched at the top of her lungs.

I spun around to see her storming up to me and she growled, "I was looking for you everywhere! Why are you practicing your lines out here?"

“I was-” I looked around me, trying to find an excuse.

“Was what? You look like I've caught you doing something you shouldn't be doing. What are you? Smoking weed?"

An unexpected bubble of laughter burst out of me, "No of course not, I'm just-" 

"Destiny, are you okay?” Elaine got worried now and she shook me slightly.

I blinked for a moment to regain my senses and I breathed deeply, “I’m fine, what is it?”

“You don’t look good girl but I just received a call from the bank, said you’ve exceeded your spending on one of your credit cards.”

“Wait what? I never exceed my spending on anything, how is that possible?”

“I know right? You have so much money it just never seems to end but apparently someone managed to burst your spending limit.”

“Someone? What do you mean?”

“Check your wallets babe, someone stole your card,” Elaine stated and we went back to my office.

I rummaged through my handbag and grabbed my wallet, checking my cards. She was right, I was missing one.

Who would-

My phone beeped, it was a message from Jordan.

-Hey babe, didn’t get to see you yesterday for dinner. Want to head out tonight?-

Elaine snatched my phone, “Go talk to him Destiny, you can’t keep running from him. You didn't even meet him for dinner yesterday after your lesson.”

My heart clenched uncomfortably at the thought of meeting Jordan. But for Eros, I have to do it.

“What are you doing here?” I’d asked.

“What I have to do.” He'd answered.

A sour feeling spread through me and I closed my eyes, “Elaine can you come with me please? I hate to have to see him, I have a horrible feeling about it.”

She pursed her lips but nodded, “Of course, how about we go to the club tonight? We can have a drink too if things with him don’t work out you know.”

In a world such as mine, finding friends or even managers that cared more about your wellbeing than all the money and fame was such a gem. Elaine was my precious stone and helped me through the toughest of times. She has her own life to handle too, which wasn’t much considering how much time she invested on me.

Still, when she told me about her engagement to her boyfriend of three years, Lance, it made me unbelievably happy.

Though it made me wonder, did Eros pair her with her partner too?