CHAPTER 23 - YOUR EVERYTHING

- Eros -

"I saw your partner again.”

Payne turned to look at me, an eyebrow raised, “What do you mean by 'again'?”

I shrugged, “Well you’ve seen her before, it’s going to be a bit tough for you because apparently she was engaged. She only recently broke off her engagement and she's going through a bit of a rough time now. Just giving you a heads up.”

“Fuck,” he cursed and rubbed the back of his neck. I always found his life sad, nothing ever came easy for him. But somehow he was able to pull through, his pairing will be another trial for him.

“Is she nice though?”

“What do you mean by nice?”

“Like is she pretty and does she scream or is she crazy? Give me something to work with here,” he requested and I chuckled.

Ah well…

“She’s okay I guess,” if you consider screaming and yelling at strangers and slapping my face with a stack of papers nice.

He didn’t have to know about it yet, he’ll find out soon.

“I’ll take it that she’s bat shit crazy, thanks,” he rolled his eyes and continued driving down the road.

I managed to laugh, he had no idea.

“You don’t seem the slightest bit nervous about being exposed to the media huh?”

I shook my head, “Why should I be? Those humans should tremble at my feet, not the other way around.”

“Ah, rookie mistake. Elaine told me a little something about this stardom thing, apparently Destiny is really in tuned to it. Has she briefed you about it?” He glanced at me before turning back to the road.

“No, we were busy fighting for our lives in Aphrodite's sick demented realm remember?” I rolled my eyes. I can’t believe that was just yesterday.

Payne shrugged, “Anyway, about the attention you’ll receive at the red carpet. Elaine’s advice for you was just to follow Destiny’s lead.”

I raised an eyebrow, “You think I’m going to embarrass myself out there or something?”

“Of course not, but just to make sure-”

I growled and thunder roared in the clear evening sky.

Payne sighed, “Fine whatever, you handle yourself. I trust Destiny will keep you in line anyway.”

I scoffed but before I could say anything back to him, he stopped the car outside Destiny’s studio and we gave security our ID for us to enter.

My mood instantly became better, my body seemed to like the idea of Destiny being near.

Payne parked and I got out even before he was done sliding into the lot.

“Fucking hell Eros, I’ll run over you one day and it wouldn’t be by accident. You’re supposed to go to the dress- Hey!” He grumbled and I waved him off, already striding into the studio.

I went straight for Destiny’s office, her name glowing in bright neon lights.

My mouth curled up expectantly, a day away from her and I was already deprived.

I knocked on her door but no one answered. I opened it and found that no one was in.

“She’s in the dressing room you dumb head. Payne why didn’t you tell him?” I heard Elaine’s voice from behind and she was standing there with my assistant by her side.