CHAPTER 19 - MAKE IT ALRIGHT

- Destiny -

The tears wouldn’t stop flowing. I tried but they stubbornly kept going. As if punishing me for leaving Eros alone again.

I didn’t know what hurt more, Eros not loving me or seeing his sad expression as I left him.

I poured rum into my hot chocolate and drank deeply, it was an acquired taste, but I kind of liked it in its own psychotic way.

Just like Eros.

“Fucking damn it get out of my head!” I screamed and hid my face in my hands.

I heard the front door open followed by a loud gasp, “My God Destiny what’s wrong?”

Elaine ran in and pulled my hands away before cursing and wrapping her arms around me, “I’ll fucking kill Jordan for doing this to you. I fucking swear Destiny that douche will die in my hands-”

She sniffed and held me tight, her voice suddenly weak as she started sobbing with me.

Something must’ve happened to her, but my tears refused to stop and I didn’t have the energy to ask her what was wrong.

So both of us sat there hugging one another, crying like we just lost our pet dog.

We pulled away after what seemed like forever and wiped our tears away, tissues scattered around us.

I breathed slowly, trying not to hiccup anymore, “What happened to you?”

She blew her nose and shook her head, “You’re in my house so you tell me what happened first. What did that fucker Jordan do to you?”

I sighed, the ache coming back to my heart again, “Jordan didn’t do anything.”

He literally didn’t do anything to save me from those gangsters last night. That idiot.

“You make it sound like it’s a bad thing,” she caught on the edge in my voice and I wiped my face with a tissue.

“It was horrible yesterday, Jordan admitted to taking my credit card, using it to pay off his debts with some gangsters and paying girls or buying stuff for them and then have sex or something I don’t know-”

“The devil! How could he-”

I stopped her before she could start cursing, “I never liked him, it didn’t matter if he cheated on me but I was still angry that he stole from me and had the audacity to ask me for sex. I told him I couldn’t leave him though, it sounded disgusting to my own ears but-”

“YOU WHAT?! You should have kicked his sorry ass to the kerb Destiny! Why would you even bother with a fuck boy like him?!”

I groaned, I sounded terrible even to myself, “I didn’t want to trouble Eros. I know you find me crazy but I can’t make Eros start pairing me again, it hurts him.”

The way his eyes flashed with hurt when he paired me made me want to throw up. He said he loved me, I almost believed him. I knew better.

Elaine gaped at me, “You really think he’s a God huh?”

“I don’t think he’s a God Elaine, I know he is.”

“What makes you so sure?”

“I saw him, he was covered in blood, a fucking knife in his neck. I can differentiate costumes and make up with the real thing Elaine trust me. He was bleeding out, his whole house was a mess, he hurt himself. Any normal human will die, he slashed his own throat, pulled at it, I’ve never seen anything more horrific than that. But the very next day when I saw him, he was fine, perfectly fine, not a single scratch or scar on him, nothing.”