Chapter Six: The Great Escape

Enjoy this chapter! Comment/Vote :)

That night I had a hard time settling in due to the anxious feeling of being trapped, despite this room being considerably more comfortable than the basement.

I needed to leave my situation, whatever my current situation was. There had to be a way out.

I threw my legs over the bed and stood up. I wasn't in a basement anymore and there was a door right in front of me. I was sure that I remembered the route to get to this bedroom so I could find my way out.

Sure there would be some weary staff walking about but my quick thinking skills were quite impressive. I'd found over fifty excuses to not go to hotels with the men of Lush, so I could find one for right now.

I turned the door knob slowly and took a deep breath. It was unlocked! Donovan was clearly an idiot since-

"Can we help you ma'am?" A baritone voice asked. I gasped up at the presence of two men in dark attire right outside of the door.

"Um-well, no not really. I-" my so called quick thinking skills were on vacation because I couldn't even think clearly. Donovan had ordered guards to ensure that I didn't leave. He was truly a sick and controlling man.

"Please return to bed."

"No, wait! I came out here to-to use the bathroom." I cursed myself for being such an idiot.

"There's a bathroom in your room." One of the guards voluntarily shut the bedroom door. Not even a "goodnight". Well, I guess I didn't deserve one since I'd just made their job harder.

I rolled my eyes at nothing in particular then crossed my arms over my chest. There had to be a way out of this place. It wasn't Alcatraz or some type of full proof dungeon, but clearly the man in charge had been inspired by The Great Escape because there was no way to get out.

As I began to feel discouraged while pacing the room, I glanced up at the window above the bed. Was it at all possible? Unlike the basement, I had access to windows large enough to wiggle through.

I climbed onto the bed and peered out. I was three stories above the ground so there was no possible way to jump. But there was and elaborate vine that connected to a rusted fire escape. The cool autumn breeze might pose as an obstacle for my use of the vine but I was ready to go. I had to take a chance or I would die here.

So I slipped on my shoes and stuck my legs outside the window. It was much scarier hanging freely, but I was determined. I exhaled deeply then reached for the surprisingly strong tangled vine outside the window.

I had to move fast if I wanted to avoid the plant snapping so I swung like Spider woman to get onto the fire escape.

It wasn't the most stable and that was probably because it was the oldest edition to the mansion but it was all I was working with. So I moved slowly to proceed downward.

The second level had a window with the blinds pulled and I knew being seen by just about anybody would be the end of this escape plan. So I pushed my back against the wall and peaked inside the window to see if anyone was facing me.

But as quickly as I did this I gasped at the sight. A man's naked toned figure was pounding a woman from behind in a traditional doggy style position. The man threw his head back and I noticed it was Nate! Then, as if on cue, the woman glanced over her shoulder and I was surprised to see Hannah biting her bottom lip.

"Just keep going Rosemary." I said to myself, hurrying past the window and continuing down the fire escape. It was none of my business who was fucking who in this place just as long as I wasn't forced to do it.