Chapter Twenty Seven: Louder Baby

Finally, an update! Vote/Comment!

Stone approached us both when we walked back into the penthouse. I was sure that I surprised Donovan by not running away but the truth was that I was exhausted and my mind was whirling. Donovan was surely on the same boat as me since he yawned into the pit of his arm as he set his car keys down on the foyer table.

Part of me wished that Hannah was here just so that I could have a reason to not confront Donovan. But I would see her in a few hours regardless and tell her about my parents, right before telling her that I no longer wanted to be here with Donovan because I didn't know if I trusted him. It was too good to be true and there were so many unanswered questions in my mind.

"Where's the guest room?" I asked, turning to face him in the hallway. Donovan shook his head and turned my body around to lead me to the familiar door at the end of the hall.

"Donovan, can you tell me-"

"I'd rather you sleep in here." He admitted, shrugging out of his jacket.

I watched his casual movements throughout the room and felt my body heat up. I couldn't hold in my anger anymore. It had been boiling from the very first day I'd met Donovan and I'd never been given the proper outlet to express it. I needed to say something to him now.

"Why're you doing this?" I sat on the bed in confusion.

"Doing what?" I delayed my response so that he could consider the answer to his own question but I slowly realized that he was pre occupied with something in the closet.

"Why did you find me Donovan?"

"We were alerted about the collision." He walked out and handed me a new pajama set. "Then we did what we needed to do on our end to locate Ashton's place." He was giving me the generic business response instead of the actual details.

"But why did you find me? Why did you even care?" I pressed on. Donovan wore his frustration on his face.

"Rosemary, we've been up since two. I'm not doing-"

"Why did you even care?! You didn't have to look for me so why did you?" I yelled at him for the first time and didn't regret it.

Donovan walked across the room to shut the bedroom door then came back over to me, holding my gaze for the longest second I'd ever experienced.

"Change and go to sleep."

"Don't change the subject. Answer my questions." I demanded. Donovan scoffed, taking off his shirt and showing me that refined build that I'd slept beside in the lake house.

"Ask me again." He walked slowly toward me. I stood up to meet his steps, putting my hands on my hips defiantly.

"Why do you care Donovan? Why-" before I could get the rest of my words out, he tugged my body to his with a pinch of my white blouse.

"No more." His raspy voice was low as he took my chin inbetween his fingers while his hand wrapped around my body.

"No more what?" I asked, distracted by his warm touch.

Donovan started to unbutton my blouse but kept his green eyes glued to mine. I felt my breath caught in my throat as my nerves began to respond to the intensity of the moment.

"No more talking." My bra was revealed before he took a hold of my ass. "Unless you're saying my name." He hoisted me off the ground and pressed his lips to mine hungrily. Donovan's lips were soft but were juxtaposed by the fervor in which he embraced me.