Chapter Ten: Sitting Duck

Aww Rosemary in pajamas :)
Vote/Comment if you're enjoying the story!

The rules of our situation were pretty simple to a person who wasn't here against their will and for reasons unknown. But since that didn't apply to me, the rules of the situation were ridiculously spewed by a ridiculous man who proposed ridiculous things that would make this situation more ridiculous.

"Be up by 8:00 to make breakfast, everything is in the kitchen so there's no need to run out and get anything." Donovan looked up at me without moving his head. "Which reminds me..." He dangled a set of keys and a black quarter sized button before me. "The doors can only open with this so you can only go out if I want you to go out. No more of that running away bullshit."

I wanted to roll my eyes but it would have been a regretful decision so I kept a blank face as I sat across from him at the dining room table.

Everything was so modern and advanced in this house, especially the kitchen that provided and amazing view of the lake so I tried not to get distracted while in conversation.

"A chef will be here for lunch and dinner which you'll help with every day." As if I were a damn housewife. No, I was a Lush girl so I accompanied paying men and engaged in foreplay. I didn't cook for anyone. Not even clients who had a kinky cooking fetish.

"You'll say very little while we're here because there isn't much to talk about."

"Okay." He looked me up and down for a moment and then continued.

"Don't go investigating the house. You're in the bedroom or in the kitchen unless I tell you otherwise." Of course he wanted to make this experience almost exactly like prison. Where was my orange jumpsuit because even he knew that would make this more realistic for us both.

"Okay Donovan." I said, looking away from him. He stood up from the chair and took a step closer to me.

"You're the reason we're here and I've been thinking, maybe killing Greene and you would've been a lot easier." I turned up to look at him through my lashes and gulped hard. "For as long as you're here you'll listen to exactly what I say and you won't ask absurd questions." I cast my eyes down for a moment letting his words sink in but Donovan wasn't done. He tilted my chin up gently with the knuckle of his index finger so that our eyes met again. "If you decide not to comply I'll have you right back in harms way with no one to save you." His finger was still on my chin so I knew he felt my bottom lip quiver a bit from the threat.

I was scared of being alone with him and scared of having to just agree with everything without an opinion.

"Tell me you understand." He asked in a soft but menacing tone that made me shiver.

"I-I think I understand." Satisfied with my response, he gave a short nod then disappeared upstairs without another word.

 • • • • • •

The bedroom that Hannah had luckily set me up in was a decent size and had everything that the prison in the other house had except now there was a queen sized bed, pastel blue walls, white bedding, and a silver wall clock. The dresser and closet were filled with clothing and shoes that might or might not fit me.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't home and I just wanted my own bed to lay in. Who knew how long I would be here for the time being. Donovan's room was at the far end of the hallway by the stairs so as long as I stayed out of his way, maybe this wouldn't be too bad. Especially if Stone stayed as far away from me as possible.

That night, after I'd showered and put on the pajama set that was hung in the closet, I laid in the bed and almost had an orgasm at how plush the mattress/sheet combo was.