Epilogue

1.5 Years Later

This will be the most monumental moment in my life.

Well, second place to getting kidnapped.

Or maybe third place because I'd been kidnapped twice.

Actually, a solid fourth place since leaving Donovan to live alone in my comfortable Riverdale apartment for the past year and a half was definitely high on the list.

Living alone had been "monumental" because there was no room for me to back peddle in life even if the first few months had been rough. Visits from Hannah hadn't helped fill the pit in my stomach from Donovan's absense. However, when I was five months in to living alone I was finally able to find that closure and fill that pit by stepping outside and doing things I enjoyed. Those pleasures had helped me find Grant. Actually, Grant had found me, and cared for me, and loved me.

So yes, this occasion would place fourth on my list, I thought and sighed as I peered out the window where the Greek revival style mansion rolled into my line of sight. The long white pillars, elaborate greenery, and grand front porch adorned elegant decor in honor of the special day. A large "Congratulations Newlyweds" banner hung high at the front of the house.

The white Rolls Royce that I rode inside of pulled up behind six other identical vehicles in the circular driveway. There were no other guests in front. Was I late? I checked the time on my screen and as if on cue, Grant's name appeared.

"This is where I leave you." The driver said. I looked up from my phone screen and saw him smile at me through the rear view mirror.

"Thank you." I silenced the call, grabbed the pink gift box, and scooted our of the backseat to head inside of the house.

The faint sound of classical music filled the hallway and helped lead me to the backyard where the gift was taken from me and I was escorted to the semi-circle of white chairs around an arch made of peach colored drapery and peonies. The backyard was something out of Town & Country and I almost wondered how dirty money could afford such a delicate and thoughtful livelihood. It was charming.

"Rosemary!" I heard a high pitched voice call.

I looked around at the hundreds of faces that surrounded me, but easily identified the caller as Grace who waved her arms above her head. I slid down the row and settled in beside her.

"They have a beautiful home." I said, giving the grounds another scan.

"You should see the entire interior. Ten bedrooms, six bathrooms, a sauna, and I swear there's a bowling alley in the basement." Grace brushed a piece of lint off of her royal blue dress.

A year ago I would have never considered spending any amount of time with Grace. After all, she had stated that she wanted nothing to do with anyone involved with Donovan after Ashton got a hold of her and even before that we had never bonded in any way.

But life had an odd way of turning tables and after seeing Grace casually one morning, we'd connected and eventually befriended one another. Hannah found herself in the same position after she noticed how often Grace stopped by my apartment.

My phone screen illuminated with Grant's name again but this time Grace stopped me from silencing it as if this was the proper setting to answer a phone call.

"Oh, you're getting some tonight." She winked. "You should've brought him, the house is big enough to have some fun without getting caught."

I gave Grace a twisted expression and chuckled at her humor. Before I could respond, the organ began to play Wagner's Lohengrin to signal the beginning of the procession as male and female pairs walked down the isle in gray suits and dresses, respectively, with peach accents.