Mallow and the Mystic Malasada

<• Hau's POV •>

The two siblings looked at each other before looking back at me. "Fine, then." Moon said. "Yahoo! New friends!"

"Hold up," The boy said, "Who told you we were friends?" I shrugged. "My instincts." "Sun, let's just be friends, now." Moon said, tugging his arm. He sighed. "Fine."

I grinned. "Hey, I was wondering why you guys look alike, so much. I mean, I know you guys are siblings but still."

"We're twins." They said in unison. I stifled my laugh. "And we do not have twin telepathy." They said again. "I said we don't!" Then they laughed. "Okay, that's kind of funny." They said before glaring at each other.

"Okay, you've gotta stop. Stoppppp." I chuckled as we walked to the Malasada shop. And they were bickering all the way there. I beamed. "Okay, guys, we're here, now!" I put my hands behind my head. "Let's go in!"

"Okay." Moon said. Sun fist pumped, grinning. "Yahoo! You finally stopped!" He said. Moon rolled her eyes as the corners of her lips curved into a slight smile. "Whatever, now lets go in." Moon said, grabbing our wrists and pulling us inside.

"Woah, it smells great in here!" Sun exclaimed. "Because it is great in here. Now come on!" I said, walking up to the front counter. "Hey, Hau!" The cashier smiled. "Did Hala lend you his money again?"

<• Moon's POV •>

Hau grinned sheepishly. "Yeah," he chuckled. "Oh, who are these two?" The cashier asked. "These are my friends! Sun and Moon!" He came behind us and gently pushed our backs. "Okay guys, meet Mallow. She works part time here!"

"Hey... Mallow." Sun said awkwardly. "Hey... Sun." She joked. Then out of nowhere, a Bounsweet popped out. "Gah!" I jumped. "This is my Pokémon, Bounsweet!" Mallow grinned. Like, no stereotypes or anything, but are all the green haired people here smiley? I shrugged. "Hi," I said to Bounsweet. It made a soft sound before hopping up to me.

I put my hand out and touched it. It made another noise. I flinched, but pet it. Bounsweet leaned into my hand. "She likes you!" Mallow giggled. I smiled. "She's cute."

"Anyways, what would you like?" She gestured to the menu above her head. "We have a great selection!" Hau nodded. "I want what I usually get!" He grinned. "Okay!" She smiled back.

       There was a moment of silence. And throughout that silence Hau and Mallow were smiling at each other, their eyes not leaving one another's. And it want the friendly type of eye stare either. Is this a smiling competition?

"Uh..." I weirdly broke the silence. "S-So... Malasadas?" My voice cracked. A couple seconds passed before we burst into fits of laughter. I think Mallow was crying! "Hahah..." she smiled. "Okay, I'll get you guys something special, today. For making me laugh so hard." We nodded and sat down at a table.

•TimeSkip From Lonely Pyukumuku•

A few moments later, Mallow came out and gave us some malasadas, along with some drinks. Hau goggled at it. "Is this...?" Mallow smiled, nodding. "Yep! The one and only Mystic Malasada! ...although, technically, it's not one, since I gave you three of them, including one to Hau. Which means I gave a Sweet Malasada to Hau and a Mystic Malasada. Wait, has Hau ever even tried a Mystic Malasada because—"

"Thank you for the food!" Sun and I interrupted. I took the malasada in my hands and took a big bite out of it. My eyes widened as I stared at the bread. It was.. bitter... yet sweet! And it's spicy, yet mild. "Behold! The magic of the Mystic Malasada!" Hau held the malasada like how they did in the Dizzni movie, The Pyroar King. Sun and I rolled our eyes.

Sun and I leaned away from the table. "But he's not exaggerating..." Sun told me in a low voice, "This is really good." I nodded. "Yeah, but Mallow told us that it was a special one, right? So it's obvious that it would be really good."

Sun shrugged as we turned back to the table. "Hey, by the way, who's this 'Hala' guy?" Sun asked. Mallow looked surprised. "You didn't tell them?" She asked Hau. Hau shook his head, "Nope!"

"Well then, I'm glad to deliver the news." She turned to us. "Hala is Hau's grandfather and the Kahuna of Melemele Island!" Sun choked on his lemonade.
"T-The Kahuna...?" He asked, as I handed him a tissue. Hau nodded, eagerly. "One day, I'm gonna be as strong, no, even stronger than him!" We smiled at the green haired boy.

"Okay, then!" After that, the door burst open.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Cheesecakes, I suck at cliffhangers. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter! And don't be a silent reader~~

Word count: 781 words