Prove Yourself

<• Third Person's POV •>

       "So..." he cleared his throat as he stared at a paper, "who wants to be the goddess, one of the two main characters who fall in love?"

         Two hands instantly shot upwards. A certain petite black haired protagonist, and... Hau. Wait. Hau?

          "Hau, you want to be a goddess?" Lana asked, puzzled and shocked.

             "Actually, no." He replied. I thought that we were deciding on the roll of the tree."

            "But Professor Kukui clearly stated that this was for the role of the goddess." Sun snickered.

            Hau just shrugged before laughing, causing (almost) everybody else to laugh alongside him.

"Even though you're the only person that raised her hand for the goddess, you still have to audition. Is that okay?" Kukui asked.

Moon nodded violently, "Definitely!"

"Okay. Let's see... next one up is..."

<• Time Skip to Half an Hour Later •>

"Now, I guess all the roles have been decided-"

"Wait." Gladion interrupted. All heads turned to the blonde. "What about the boy?"

"Which boy?" Kukui chuckled, pushing up his glasses, "You must be more specific."

"The other main protagonist." Gladion told him. He didn't know why he was being so persistent on having Professor Kukui remember about the role, but what was happening was happening.

"Of course! How could I forget that!" He laughed at himself.

"So who wants to be the boy?"

Three hands immediately shot up.

Gladion looked around, slightly shocked. 'Why would this many people want to be the boy?'

Only a few seconds later did it dawn on him. He, himself, was also raising his hand.

After taking some time to register it all, he looked around the classroom to see his competition.

One boy was the brother of the one running to be the goddess. You guessed it, Sun.

He guessed it was clear why he wanted to be the boy. He didn't want anybody to take his sister.

And the other guy was second guessing himself. "Never mind. I already have a part," He said rubbing the back of his neck. Ash.

"Okay, now, I've written everything down. Tomorrow, in class, we'll start auditions!"

Everybody nodded before the dismissal bell rang. "I'll see you all tomorrow!" Kukui waved as his students flooded out the door.

"Hey, Sun," Gladion grabbed the boys' shoulder from behind.

"What?" Sun asked, not even bothering to turn around.

"I really want that role," He began, "so maybe you could let me take it."

Sun whirled around before glaring at the blonde. "I know you wanted the role. I know you like my sister. I know that the goddess and the boy are the ones that fall in love, and I'm running for the boy, and my sister is first in line for the goddess, but I'm running anyways."

Gladion just looked at him, unshaken.

"Look," Sun started talking again, "if you want the role— and my sister — you must prove yourself."

"In what ways?" Gladion asked.

"Make my family and I trust you, and believe that you could take good care of Moon," Sun turned around and started walking away.

"If you could do that, then you have my approval." He said.

Gladion fell to the floor, bombing himself with questions. Why did he want the part? Why did he need to prove himself? Why did he have a crush on Moon-

Then it hit him. It hit him like a slap in the face. "I think I like Moon."