Chapter Six: Slipped

I am currently sitting on the beach in the white sand writing this and there has never been anything more peaceful in my life.

Anyways, enjoy :)

Also let me know what character you want to see next.
I have a cast list, I just haven't posted it yet

Chapter Six: Slipped

Danny walks across the house with me right behind him. We're both still in our swimsuits but he doesn't seem to care.

The sight of the boy standing a few feet away from me almost knocks my breath out of my lungs.

He's taller than I thought he would be. About Danny's height, so six foot three. He has floppy brown hair and brown eyes that remind me of a crystal spring.

His lips are pink and plump and he looks so friendly and attractive.

Our parents and my Dad are standing in the living room, but Kyle looks at me.

Does he know I'm here? Did Danny tell him?

"Kyle, this is Grace. Grace, this is Kyle."

Kyle's eyebrows shoot up.

"Grace...as in Maryland Grace?"

"Yes." Danny says.

"It's nice to meet you." He says to me, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, you too." I say awkwardly.

"I didn't know you were in town." He mutters, toeing the ground his sneaker.

"She moved here." Danny says.

"Cool."

We kind of stand in silence for a minute and then Danny opens the front door.

I follow them outside and stand off to the side as they move the trailer with Danny's Dads truck and argue over prices.

Miley shows up and joins the conversation and I stand by the garage door and stay silent.

I don't fit in with them. I don't fit in anywhere. They all have loving parents and mothers that make them dinner and help them with their homework.

My Mom tried to kill me twice.

I'm not good at putting myself out there.

I decide to just scroll through my instagram.

I snap back into reality at the sound of my name being called.

"Grace!"

My head snaps up at the sound of Danny's voice.

"What?"

"Do you care if Miley and Kyle sleep over?"

Yes. I care. I care a lot. I'll probably wake up screaming or crying tonight.

But it's not my house. It's not my room, and saying no makes a bad first impression.

"I don't care." I lie.

"Awesome, let me ask Mom and Dad."

He walks into the house with Miley and Kyle and I awkwardly trail behind them. I hear Beatrice and Caleb saying they're fine with it.

For a guy who can tell if I'm lying with one look, you would think he would be able to tell when I say yes but really mean no.

"Let's go swimming." Kyle says.