Chapter Seven: Bathtub

This chapter makes me sad so get ready

Also who do you guys want to see a picture of next?

*****

Chapter Seven: Bathtub

Water sloshes around me as I sit in the bathtub. Looking down at my body, I find I forgot to remove my clothing.

The water is ice cold and I shiver, reaching for the drain to unplug it. I turn the water back on to hotter, but even when I turn it all the way to hot, it's still cold.

The hot water heater must be broken.

I hear somebody hit the door and then the sound of it creaking open.

My Mom walks in, staring down at me in the tub.

"I thought I told you you're not allowed to bathe in my house?" She hisses.

I feel my body go numb with fear.

"Well you did, but my hair was so greasy and I just-"

"I. Said. No." She hisses. She leans closer with her hands bracing herself against the tub. "You directly disobeyed me! You're fucking worthless! You're a disgrace to the Levinsky family!"

"Mom-"

Her hands grip my shoulders, her fingernails digging into my skin. I can smell the whisky so strongly, it seems like it's coming out of her pores.

The next thing I know, she's pushing me down into the tub so I'm underwater and I can't breathe. I start to thrash around, gripping her arms and trying to get her off of me. My tears mix into the water and I can feel my lungs running out of oxygen. My head feels clouded as I try to push her away, but it's no use.

She's going to drown me.

I try to breathe but inhale a lung full of water instead. I try to cough but there not enough air to produce one.

I feel my mind blurring and I know it's just a matter of time before I'm dead.

Just as I stop thrashing, right before the last ounce of lift drips out of me, I feel another set of rough hands gripping my shoulders and pulling me out of the water.

I sit up so fast and I feel my hand knock something hard, and then a crash. My ears register somebody coughing like they're choking and I realize it's me.

I register my body shoving the blankets off of me and I scramble to my feet, tripping over something and crashing to the floor. Something pierces into my hands and that's when I come to my senses.

It was a nightmare, probably the worst one I've ever had. Danny's bedroom light is on and he's kneeling in bed, staring down at me with a shocked expression on his face.

Breathe. You need to breathe. You're not drowning. She's not here. She's gone. You're safe.

I take multiple deep breaths until I'm breathing normally again, and then I notice I have pain in my hands. I hear running footsteps as I inspect my palms.