Chapter Thirty Six: Christmas

I've decided to make this chapter the last one, but don't worry, there is a sequel :) it's Everything Has Changed: Book Two, original, right?

*****

Chapter Thirty Six: Christmas

Gracelyn

We opened all the gifts already. I didn't want to pick between the tools I got and the speaker, so I bought Danny a really expensive two hundred dollar waterproof speaker and a hundred dollars worth of tools.

He doesn't have to know how much I spent, but he seemed really happy with them.

"There's one more gift for you." Danny says to me, poking my thigh. "It's from your Dad and I."

"It was Danny's idea." Dad says. "And he had to convince me. And re-convince me. And then convince me again."

I give Danny a weird look and he looks so excited.

"I'll be right back." He kisses my cheek.

He walks out the front door and I fidget.

What is it? It's not in the house, so what is it?

The front door opens and shuts again.

"Gracie, go in your room and shut the door."

I do what I'm told and I hear him asking if I actually did it.

What is it?

I bounce slightly on the balls of my feet.

After nearly five minutes, Danny walks into my room.

We're matching our pjs. My shirt is a long sleeve red shirt and red black and white plaid pajama pants, and his are also.

"Ready?" He asks.

I nod nervously, he puts his hands over my eyes and walks behind me, guiding me with his body.

"Ready?" He asks.

I grip his arms in my hands.

"I'm scared." I cringe.

"Okay, look."

He removes his hands.

When I open my eyes, the first thing I see is Beatrice recording, and then my eyes land on a little puppy on the floor with a bow around it's neck.

My hands cover my mouth and I drop to the floor, tears welling my eyes.

The puppy sees me get on the floor and runs to me, the little paws thudding on the wood floor. It stops in front of me and I sit down all the way, picking the tiny body up. Tears are streaming down my cheeks and it's licking them away, and then the baby throws it's head back and does the cutest little puppy howl.

"She's spayed." Danny says. "Her shots are up to date. She's a Welsh Springer Spaniel."

She. A baby girl.