One (1)

Davina Swan's Point Of View
"Are you girls positive about this?" Mom asks us, for the millionth time.

Again, I insist, "mom, I promise we will be fine!"

Mom sighs, closing the front door of her cozy home here in Arizona. "If you're so sure."

"Come on!" Phil ~mom's new husband~ calls, "we're gonna miss the flight if you don't hurry up!"

Bella and I hurriedly pile into the backseats of Phil's Volkswagen. Mom - wanting to see us girls off - rides with us to the airport.

"Are you guys absolutely sure?" Mom asks, yet again at security.

"Mother!" I place my hands gently on her shoulders, "We are going to miss our flight."
~~
Bella spent a few summers with our father ~Charlie Swan~ when she was younger. I didn't; because mom wanted me at home with her, so she wasn't lonely.

Phil is a baseball star, so he travels a lot. Mom is wishing to travel with her husband, so Bella and I have agreed to move in with our father in Forks, Washington. A small town where it rains almost everyday.
~~

The hour flight from Seattle to Port Angeles seemed a lot shorter. It felt as if we were only in the air for half an hour, instead of an entire hour.

I see our father and I give him a huge hug; also, unlike Bella, I am a HUGE daddy's girl.

"Davina, you've grown since Renee left and took you two with her." Dad smiles at me. "You're hair is as bright as I remember."

"I was a child when you last saw me, dad." I wink.

-
"You're hair has grown since I last saw you." Dad says towards Bella, halfway through the hour ride home.

"I've cut it since I saw you last." Bella replies tensely.

Dad is quiet the other thirty minutes.

The white home hasn't changed much, it is still the same as I remember. Only difference, my bedroom is officially in the garage. Dad had the garage door taken off, and built better; so, the garage is officially safe enough for my room.

I brung my clothes into my room.

When i first enter the room, there is a shelf / dresser ordeal, a yellow carpet, wooden stools, and a couch

When i first enter the room, there is a shelf / dresser ordeal, a yellow carpet, wooden stools, and a couch. There ate some chairs leading to my bed. It's a simple garage bedroom, but I love it.

I unpack my clothes to begin with, then I move on to my shoes and hair supplies. I take a break, and I sit down on my couch. I grab the remote, and see that dad has put cable in here. I smile as I set the channel on animal planet then I clean up my room. With it being the garage, it is really dusty.

I go into the house once my dusting is done, and I catch a huge whiff of the vanilla scented candles lit. That must be Bella's doing. Taking a walk through the house, and find nobody inside.

I step outside, I see dad and Bella chatting with Billy Black and his son, Jacob.  I haven't seen Billy since I was iddy bitty. I never got to play with Jacob growing up, since I was at moms until now.

"Davina." Billy says happily, a smile stuck on his face.

That is when I notice Bella and Jacob sitting inside an old orange truck, a rustic orange.

"Billy." I hug the man in the wheelchair. "I'm sorry about Sarah."

Billy smiles, "I am too, she thought the world of you Davina."

"I know, she did." I smile.

"Wow, your hair is still super red, like fire." Billy smiles, before he chances dad into the road.

"Hey, I'm Jacob, I'm not sure if you remember me." Jacob greets me, when he is out of Bella's new truck. "We were little when we last saw each other."

"We were what? Two?" I question, smirking. "I'm sure you remember I'm Davina."

"Only because I just heard my dad say your name." Jacob chuckles. "Charlie bought that truck off my dad, so you and Bella could have transportation to and from school."

"Do you go to Forks High School?" I ask, in hope to know somebody there.

Jacob frowns, shaking his head. "Nah, I go to school on the Rez."

"La Push?" I question. "I've heard of it."

"I like it, it is cloudy and rainy there too, about like Forks." Jacob says softly.

"Jacob, I'm ready to go." Billy announces. "It's good seeing you again, Davina. I'm thankful you still have that red hair."

"It was good seeing you again too, Billy." I hug the man. "It was good re~meeting you, Jacob."

Jacob chuckles softly, then he helps Billy into the car parked on the curb.

"I'm making spaghetti." Bella says before going into the house.

"Probably with veggie sauce." I grumble towards dad.

"Most likely." Dad replies, frowning.

We sit at the kitchen table, with our spaghetti and veggie sauce. My twin is also a vegetarian, unlike myself and our father. Mom is a vegetarian.

"It's good, Bella." I speak up, taking my first bite. Lies.

"Thanks, Davina." Bella smiles shyly, and she eats as well.

After eating, I go out to my room. I change into my pajamas before climb the stairs to my bed. I collapse into the warmth and softness of my lovely bed, and sleep consumed me quicker than normal.