Seven (7)

Davina Swan's Point Of View
A couple days later
Bella helps me get dressed, because Jacob is on his way over. He is driving me to La Push, to the beach. Bella is driving. Jessica invited us.

Bella brushes my hair, and I'm watching in a mirror she brought with her. I see her hold more of my hair that has come out. Chemo is taking its toll on me.

"You're still beautiful, Davina." Bella insists as she just leaves my hair down.

"Ladies." Jacob speaks, leaning against my doorway leading into the house. "You really do look beautiful, Davina."

I hug Jacob, and we all go outside. I get into Jacob's car, and I run my arms. It's a warm day, but I'm freezing.

"Bella's bummed." Eric enthused when I walk over with Jacob and his pals, Embry Call and Quil Altera.

"Why?" Jacob asks, I lean into Embry ~ our f breath. Embry and Quil were informed about her cancer.

"Her date bailed." Mike replies, looking bummed that Bella had invited someone. Who?!

"Date?" Jacob mumbles jealously.

"She invited Edward Cullen." Jessica replies.

"The Cullen's don't come here." Embry says tensely, running his tanned fingers through his jet black hair.

I walk to the edge of the water as Bella walks with Jacob. I lay out a yellow towel, and I strip to my pale blue bikini top. I frown at my showing ribs, and I sit on the towel.

"Mind if I join?" Embry asks.

I nod. "Sure."

Embry lets me rest my head tiredly on his shoulder, and I stare out at the water.

"Embry, What did you mean by the Cullen's don't come here?" I ask, right now remembering what he had said.

"You caught that, did you?" Embry sighs, then explains part of a legend.

"Wow, that's interesting." I smile up at Embry, we are walking some.

"Yeah, just a big scary story." Embry smiles, and pulls his hair into a ponytail. "I'm burning up."

I feel of hair forehead with my cold hand, "You should go home, Embry. You're burning up."

Embry nods, "I will, see ya around Davina. I hope."

I go back to by spot by the ocean here at First Beach, and I sit back on my towel.

I sit in Jacob's room with him, feeling out of breath.

"Jake, I need some water." I say weakly, sitting on his bed.

Jacob rushes out of his room, and I pant for air. Jacob hands me a glass of cold water, and I devour the cold liquid.

Once I get my breathing under control, I say, "thanks, Jake. You're amazing."

"When do you get your next round of chemo?" Jacob asks me.

"The day after tomorrow." I reply. "Doctor Cullen does it from home, so I can be more comfy."

Jacob hugs me. "Are you hungry?"

I giggle. "I want a huge slice of pizza."

"Port Angeles has an amazing pizza parlor?" Jacob suggests.

"Shouldn't you take Bella? Your crush?" I tease.

Jacob blushes. "I wanna take you, my best friend."

"Your sick best friend." I correct him, "Pizza sounds great, let's go."

Billy watches us with a smile, knowing I'm in good hands with his son. I fasten my seatbelt before Jacob drives the hour to a pizza place in Port Angeles.

— 

"Can i start you off with some soda?" Mindy, the waitress asks kindly.

"A pitcher of root beer." I reply breathlessly. "Meat trio pizza, large."

Mindy smiles at me, pity in her eyes, then goes to get our root beer and pizza. I frown, people pity me?

"Why are you frowning?" Jacob asks me.

"She pitied me." I frown.  "Because I look sick now. I'm pale, my hair is thinning.... I'm nauseated all the time, I'm always in pain."

Jacob drops me off at home after we eat, Mindy still pitied me. Since I was sick, Jacob and I got our meal for free.

"Where'd you go?" Dad asks, worried.

"Pizza with Jake." I reply. "Billy didn't call you?"

Dad shakes his head, "no."

I steal a piece of broccoli Bella boiled for broccoli and melted cheese. Bella smiles at me as I crunch into the veggie.

"Yum." I smile. "A veggie like that topping pizza."

Bella smiles. "Wanna go to the library with me tomorrow?"

I nod, "Sure."

I enjoy getting out every chance I get. I go to my room when she smell of food upsets my stomach. I sit on my couch, and i lay down. I feel too weak to climb up the stairs to my bed.

"Here." I hear Jacob's voice.

He came over!? He puts a quilt over me.

"Get some sleep,." Jacob smiles. "Goodnight, Davina."

I wrap myself in my the quilt when Jacob leaves, and I close my eyes. Sleep consumes me pretty fast tonight.