Nine (9)

Davina's Point Of View
A couple months later

It has been a couple months since I've been diagnosed with cancer, a couple months since I found out about Vampires, and a couple months since I found I was Jasper's mate.

Carlisle cleared with dad, I am moved in with the Cullen's. Where I am getting worse, Carlisle wants to keep an eye on me.

I sit in the foyer after my round of chemo, and I stare into the fire. I feel as weak as I ever have. I still have stage 3 cancer.

Bella is coming over with Edward today, to meet the family. Jasper has given me warm tea, herbal tea, and fruit often on throughout yesterday, as a few times today.

I hear the door open; and I slowly look over, I see Edward enter with Bella.

"You look great." Bella whispers.

"I wanna go upstairs." I whisper, weakly.

"I got her." Edward says to his girlfriend / mate.

Edward grabs my arm entry, and helps me stand. Today is one of my off days. I fall, and I begin coughing up blood.

"Let it out, Davina." Edward whispers. "Let it out."

I wipe the blood from my mouth, and Edward picks me up. He carries me upstairs, instead of letting me walk.

"Emmett, she threw up." Edward says.

"I got it." Emmett flashes downstairs.

Edward airs me on the couch, and leaves me. I sit back, and I close my eyes. I feel Jasper's hand touch my knee, and a smile forms on my face.

"Wanna attempt going outside?" Jasper asks. "Baseball."

"I have the roof and windows up on my jeep." Emmett says, his eyes dark from where he cleaned up my blood.

I smile. "I would love that."

"Rose!"

Rosalie picks me up, and flashes me to room decorated in white.

Rosalie helps me dress, and helps me walk downstairs

Rosalie helps me dress, and helps me walk downstairs. Emmett lifts me up, and sits me in his jeep. I smile at the enclosed vehicle, so I can enjoy their game.

"Hold on, Davina." Emmett smirks at me. "We're going off-road."

I giggle weakly and he takes off.

I watch everyone play baseball during the thunderstorm. Alice stops everyone. A vision.

I get out of Emmett's jeep, pull my hood up, and I walk over. Jasper wraps an arm around me.

"Alice, how many are there?" Carlisle asks, worried about Bella and myself.

"Three." Alice replies, Alice looks at me.

"Get then out of here." Rosalie gasps.

"It's too late." Alice squeaks, and three figures leave the trees.

Trembling in fear and weakness, I grip onto Jasper for dear life. Jasper kisses the top of my head as te three red eyed vampires approach us.

"We were tracking humans; they are headed north." The red head ~ the only female ~ says, eyeing me. "Poor thing."

"We hold a permanent residence nearby." Carlisle speaks.

"I didn't realize." The dark skinned vampire says smoothly. "Well, I'm Laurent, this is James and Victoria. We was hoping to play."

"A few of us were just leaving." Carlisle says.

"I'm the one with the wicked curve ball." Victoria says with a smirk, still eyeing me with saddened eyes.

A hush of wind blows Bella's hair, and James catches a whiff.

"You've brought a snack." James hisses, crouching down.

I cling onto Jasper, shaking terribly now.

"A human?!" Laurent surprised and noticed me. "And a sick on?!"

"The girls are with us." Carlisle says.

"Very well, then." Laurent says softly. "James, lets go."

James snaps out of his trance of hunger, and wraps an arm around Victoria before the three leave.

Jasper lays me in my bed, and he kisses my forehead.

Carlisle is surprisingly allowing Laurent to stay with me, since I am sick. They are going to find James, keeping Bella safe. They left an hour ago.

"Hey." Laurent greets, entering my room.

"Hello." I reply weakly. "Can you get me some water?"

Laurent just nods simply and he goes downstairs. I stare at my white ceiling, and a sigh escapes my lips.

"Here you are, you fragile human." Laurent hands me the glass of cold water.

"Can you being me to the foyer?" I ask, finishing the water.

Laurent lifts me up, "luckily, you're light."

I roll my eyes at his cheesy joke, and he carries me downstairs. He sits me in the chair, and lights a fire as I ask.

"I have a quilt in the hall closet, Laurent." I whisper.

Laurent wraps the quilt around me, and he sits on a step. As I finally warm up, I drift off to sleep.