Ten (10)

Davina's Point Of View
Sept 13
I make it downstairs myself on my eighteenth birthday, a special day in which I share with Bella. I smile at everyone gathering around the foyer.

"Happy birthday." Esme hugs me.

"I made it to eighteen." I smile.

Esme smiles warmly at me before Bella walks in.

"Presents!" Alice chirps when Bella comes back down, in a dark green dress, they're Bella's because I opened my presents last night, in case I woke up a vampire.

"Mine first." Emmett smiles, handing Bella a box.

Bella shakes it, and it's empty. Se makes a confused face, causing me to laugh.

"Already installed it," Emmett says proudly. "Only a decent sound system for that piece of sh...."

"Hey," Bella interrupts him, "don't hate the truck."

Rosalie is up next. "It's a necklace, Davina picked it out."

Bella smiles at me, "thanks."

"This is from Carlisle and myself," Esme says warmly. "You have been looking a little pale lately."

Bella struggled with the tightly wrapped present, and sliced her finger.

"Jasper, it's just a little...." I freeze for a split millisecond. "Blood."

Our of nowhere, Jasper lunges for Bella. Edward throws my sister back; it takes Carlisle and Emmett both to grab ahold of jasper to stop him.

"Oh, I gotta sit down." I mutter, all of a sudden weak.

I sit down on the chair before I faint, and Emmett drags Jasper out. Jack and Alice are with him; Esme is cleaning up the glass and blood; and Carlisle is stitching Bella up. I am sitting in the chair, feeling useless.

The Cullen's are leaving. All because of Jasper's accidental slip. Since I cannot stay alone or so far from a medical doctor, Carlisle is having me stay with Sam Uley in La Push.

Samuel Uley is a Quileuete shapeshifting werewolf, and he is the alpha of his pack. Sue is a doctor,  she will keep an eye on me and keep my chemo going.

Sam just got here, and the Vampire family has left.

"Ready?" Sam asks, with my bag.

I shrug and I follow him outside. I get into his imprints jeep, and I lay my head back. Not only am I sick, my doctor is leaving. 

Sam's house is a decent size, his pack is here.

"Hey!" Embry greets me. "I take it you know about wolves now."

I nod as I follow him inside.

"Want some lotion on your head?" Embry teases.

I smack him across the head. "That's not funny!"

Embry smirks before he goes out for patrol.

"Davina, this is the pack." Sam says before he introduces me to each member.

"You're gorgeous." Rachel Black ~Jacob's Sister~ smiles.

I smile sadly. "Thanks."

"Your hairs growing back." Paul Lahote ~the omega and hothead~ Says.

I smile, "I know. I'm so glad it is."

"Sit down." Emily insists. "Take a breath."

"Can I have some water?" I ask, taking a seat beside Jared Cameron.

Emily nods before the pretty woman disappears into the kitchen.

"What color is your hair?" Jared asks.

"Red, naturally." I reply.

"Here you go, Davina." Emily says, before Jared can reply.

"Thank you, Emily." I smile at the woman. "I appreciate you guys letting me stay."

"Carlisle and Sue agreed on it, and I don't mind having someone else around." Sam smiles. "Enjoy the company of the pack, I have patrol."

"So...." Jared says awkwardly. "Hi."

"You're adorable." I smirk. "You're turning red."

Jared's cheeks are as red as apples, "shut up."

I smile before I go into the kitchen. "Do you have any fruit?"

Emily is about to answer, before I bend over the kitchen trash can and cough up more blood. Emily squats beside me, and she rubs my back until I finish.

"Here, have some water." Emily offers after I brush my teeth.

"Thank you." I reply, dipping on the water slowly.

"Take your time, honey." Emily smiles. "Sue is stopping by, to check on you in a bit."

I nod, "I want to change, where is te guest room?"

Emily shows me to the guest room, and how to take the trash in the kitchen out. I change into some black yoga pants and a white spaghetti strap.

I put some white slippers and I go into the living room.

"Kim, can I snuggle with your boyfriend?" I ask weakly. "I'm cold."

Kim smiles and she says, "I was heading home anyway. Go ahead, Davina."

Jared opens his arms for me when Kim is gone, and I lay in his arms, my head on his shoulder and a quilt around my shoulders. Jared turns the tv on and leaves it on the nature channel, we listen to the sounds the waterfalls on the screen makes.

"How long do you have?" Jared asks when we're alone. "Until you become a vampire?"

I shrug. "I don't know, since they left."

"And you just keep getting worse." Jared says softly, and he sighs. "Let's get you to bed, Davina. It's late."

Where I have fallen weaker as the hours pass, Jared has to help me to the guest room. I thank him as I lay down. Jared just smiles in response and leaves.

Once I get warmed up, I fall sound asleep.