Seventeen (17)

Davina Cullen's Point Of View
A few days later.
I meet Edward, Jacob, Jasper, and Bella at the bottom of the mountain, days and days of training up until this fight.

"Jacob, you carry Bella." Jasper says. "You Can cover her scent."

Edward gives Bella a loving kiss on her head. "I'll see you when you guys make it," then he flashes away.

"Be careful, Jake and Bella." I say before I flash away.

-
"I saw the ring." I tell Edward when we reach the top of the snow covered mountain.

"Yeah." Edward smiles. "I know he'll listen, I'm going to talk about the engagement with Bella so Jacob will know."

"Good," I reply, "he needs to know."

I fly out, and I sit on a tree branch. I look down towards the clearing; the coven are training with each other, and the pack members are training against each other. I smell a wolf, and I see Jacob.

"I cannot smell Bella, good." I say softly, so only Edward and Jacob hear.

Jacob stands by the cliff, while Bella goes to Edward.

"Our wedding will be beautiful," Edward says smiling.

"I agree," Bella smiles.

"You're marrying him!?" Jacob yells, furious and jealous.; then he storms off.

"You knew he was listening; didn't you?" Bella asks Edward.

"He had to know." Edward replies with a shrug.

Bella chases after Jacob, who is trying to head towards the clearing. "Jake, don't go!"

"I'm going to fight, Bella." Jacob argues back, "to protect you."

"You'll get yourself killed." Bella pleads.

"It's worth it, to save you." Jacob says. "I won't kiss you again, unless you ask me." Jacob walks away."

"Kiss me!" Bella cries, catching me by surprise. "I'm asking you to.... To kiss me."

I narrow my eyes as Jacob walks right up to Bella, grabs her face gently between his hands, and he kisses he tenderly. Scoffing, I turn towards the battle field.

—- that night ——
I remained in this tree all day, and now the sun has set and the moon rose. I stare at the moon as I listen to Bella's cluttering teeth. I hear  he tent unzip and zip back.

"I can't sleep over all the chattering teeth." Jacob mumbles. "My god, she's freezing."

"Don't. Touch. Her." Edward seethes through gritted teeth.

I roll my eyes, and I continue to nose into their convo.

"Oh yeah?" Jacob scoffs. "Would you rather her freeze to death?"

I think Edward finally lets Jacob warm up Bella, because she stops shivering.

"Maybe if we weren't moral enemies and you didn't have the girl, i might like you." Jacob says softly, causing me to smile.

"Maybe if...." Edward starts then pauses. "Nah, I still wouldn't like you."

—the next morning—
I smell tangy Chinese food and rotten milk. I turn my head and I see Victoria in a tree.

"Riley, she doesn't love you," Edward calls out. "This is vengeance, for her mates death."

Victoria's eyes widen. "Riley, don't listen to him, I do love you."

"No you don't." I speak up. "She admired to me that her love for James was irreplaceable. I share his ability."

Victoria's eyes widen in fear when she hears me. "Riley:..."

She jumps down and goes for Bella, trying to distance herself from me. Edward jumps at her and they begin to fight. Seth Clearwater is fighting with Victoria's new toy, Riley. Victoria grabs Edward's head, ready for her defeat. I jump down as Bella sliced her wrist with a sharp rock.

I jump on Victoria's back once she is distracted, and we roll around. Edward flashes up and protects Bella. Victoria grabs me by the hair and she lets out a fighting cry.

Edward grabs her arms back when my eyes then red in rage and her overtakes Victoria's eyes, and I grab onto her head.

"Now Victoria, What did I say I'd do if you went after my sister?" I ask.

"Y-you'd k-kill me." Victoria stutters, fear driven.

"And honey, I meant it." I grab her head, let out so fighting cry, and I rip the bitch's head off her shoulders.

I light up a match, and I drop it on her.

"Your eyes changed to red when you got angry." Edward says.

"I've been drinking human blood for a couple days." I reply. "Mixing it with my animal diet. Now, one can tell when I'm pissed."

"I like it." Edward admits. "The red eyes match the red hair. Did you notice your hair grew back?"

I nod, "I noticed. Are my eyes still red?"

"Yes," Edward replies. "But they are slowly fading."

I hear a pained howl, and then cries. I smell blood. My eyes widen when I smell Jacob, I flash to the bottom of the mountain where Jacob's hurt.

I stand with Paul outside of the Black home, and I listen to Jacob's screams as Carlisle re-breaks his bones for a clean healing.

"You killed Victoria?" Paul asks, still praising me~ he was shocked to learn the nomadic Vampire was scared of me.

"Yes, for my millionth time telling you, I killed that nomadic bitch." I smirk.

Paul just smiles proudly at me, and we see Carlisle come out.

"He should heal pretty quick now." Carlisle says. "Are you ready, Davina?"

I nod, "yeah; I'll meet you there; I'm going to run."

My eyes focus in on the trees beyond Jacob and Billy's home. I take off running, half human and half Vampire speed. I am going slower to enjoy the grand outdoors.

Squirrels and rabbits are running around~ well, the rabid are hoping away. A mama bear is protecting her cubs from a killer male. I growl and i help the mama bear, i drain the male bear.

"You and your cubs are safe from this horrid male bear." I say to the female beat, as I flash Home.

Jasper kisses me softly when I enter the foyer; and I kiss him back without hesitation. Jasper's lips linger on mine for a moment, before he pulls away.

"So, I heard your eyes turned red with fury when before you killed Victoria." Jasper mumbles, holding me close in his arms.

"Yeah, I know." I reply, enjoying the smell of gunpowder. "I'm done with the human blood."

"No; you're not." Carlisle says from the stairs. "It helps your strength. Your eyes only go red when you're angry."

I smile, "Are you sure?"

"I'll keep human blood bags around~ just for you, Davina." Carlisle smiles.

I smile, "thank you."

I go up to the kitchen and Emmett tosses me a full bag. Jasper is reading now, Alice is in the process of planning Edward and Bella's wedding, Bella is Home with dad, Edward is piddling with the piano, Carlisle is in his office, Esme is looking through a magazine for interior design, and I am sipping on human blood. This is how te Cullen's are spending the night after we defeated Victoria, and saved Bella's life~ yet again.