Rescue Him

Flashes of fire and burning buildings flew by as I ran. I don't know why I was running but it seemed right. Was I in trouble? Was anyone chasing me? I halted to a stop when I spotted a medical truck. It was facing to the entrance in a hurry to leave but the driver had abandoned the vehicle. I ran into the van hoping to find anything that was useful. A blue liquid covered the vans floor. The glass tubes that held the valuable liquid were shattered across the floor and shelves. Fuck.
I searched quickly, hoping to find something that wasn't broken. I dig into the shelves and drawers. Everything had been raided. I was beginning to leave when I spotted a strange syringe. It gleamed against the dim light under the driver's seat. I scrambled to it, managing to cut my hand against some glass. I winced in pain as I grabbed the syringe.

"Please. Please have me something!" I whispered to myself.

The syringe was covered in blue liquid. I almost gave up until I saw the glass intact along with the magical blue substance. My heart raced. I tucked it into my backpack before checking the streets. The chaos was still burning just as bright as the buildings falling to the ground. I took off towards the entrance. Racing through streets and screams and fire. I had never seen a riot. Nor did I want to be affiliated with it. I was coming up to the train station. So close to home.
I raced past it, barely catching a glance of a body. I kept running. He was surely dead. But something made me stop in my tracks. I bit my lip. What the hell was I doing? I have something everybody wants. I huffed and ran back to the station, cutting into the corner I stopped. It was a boy. A teenage boy dressed in a red and black vest. Was he apart of Wicked? I held onto the corner of the station, looking for a sign of life. His brown eyes glistened with the fire. His veins were outrageously pulsed. His mouth was dripping of...no. Fuck no. He had been infected. I remembered the syringe. The only thing I had salvaged from the van. Something in me told me to stay. I watched closer. I wasn't planning to stay there for long, and just as I was sure he was a lost cause his eyes moved to me. I jumped back, letting the corner of the station protect me. He muttered something under his lips. A single word.

"Tommy."

Rescue him.