WCKD Part II

I threw open the tents flaps, pushing my way through the darkness. The only light guiding my way was the fire burning our homes outside. I scrambled through the remaining weapons, looking for the special item I had seen before. And through the guns and ammo it gleamed under the fire that burned outside. The timer was set to zero, its' red numbers flashing as if begging to be used for its purpose. Another explosion erupted, making the ground shake with fury. I quickly grabbed the bomb and remote, running out of the tent before any Wicked soldier could spot me.
All I could hear were screams. It sounded anguished and distorted, it felt like their shrieks were suffocating me. Hot tears poured down my cheeks. The thought of any of my friends dying sent chills down my spine. It's the reason I chose to go out on my own. So I could end Wicked from hurting anyone ever again, I wanted them to stay away from everyone I loved. I wanted to wipe them from existence. It wasn't fair that they had taken away so many things away from people like Newt or Minho. They have taken far too much from everyone and now I wanted to show them that it's only made us stronger.
I ran to the forests safe cover, cutting my arms and legs on sticks and bushes. My idea was mad but it was the only one I could think of on the spot. My body was covered in dirt and sweat, the heavy weight of Jorge's toy bringing me down as I ran up the steep hill. My legs were aching and at that moment I had wished I took Minho up on those early beach runs, but being the person I am and despising the idea of running. So I ran up that cliff as fast as I could, dripping in sweat and dragging the bomb with me. Even when I reached the top of the cliff I knew it wasn't the end of the agony I was in. I unwrapped the cloth around my wrist and tied the metal piece to my side and shoved the trigger in my pocket. I didn't dare to look down, not on purpose anyway, as I pushed my body off the cliff and began to climb down its wall of ivy and rock. I made sure to dig my shoes and hands into the edges of the wall. My hair stuck to my face and neck as I cautiously climbed down the wall. My arms were shaking with every move. I didn't know how much longer I could take of this, I looked down below into the black abyss of the sea. It's waves crashing roughly against the stone wall, as if daring me to jump in. My body shook in fear and I turned back to face the wall, breathing in deeply before continuing to climb down. I tucked my foot into a hole of the wall as I let go of another rock, but it was slick and wet. My hand slipped and my legs gave out under the lack of support. I fell straight down, my arms extended out trying to grab anything to stop me from falling, anything to save me. I felt my left arm hit a rock as I fell into the water, into the reckless waves. My arm stung and the water was knives against my skin. I swam up, or what I thought was up, I couldn't tell which way led to the surface but I took my chance. I swam faster, wanting to feel oxygen in my burning lungs. And as if my wish was heard, I felt my hand break from the surface of the sea and floated up to take gasps of air. I didn't realize I had survived until I felt my arm stinging. It burned viciously in the salt water, and trying to swim against the harsh waves wasn't helping. I pushed myself to ignore the pain, now remembering I had to finish what I started. I pushed against the waves as I swam inconspicuously to Wicked's ship. I could just see beyond the waves, Newt and Thomas shooting at Wicked soldiers. The idea of my friends dying by my mistake haunted my mind. I swam faster, if possible, my arms and legs shaking with ache. I gasped for air as every violent wave sent me under water. It only slightly calmed when I reached the ship. I attempted to grab a part of the ship for support, but the water only made it harder to get a good hold. I cursed between breathes, deciding that I had to set the bomb off no matter what, and quickly. I took a deep breath of air and let my body sink as I tried to untie the weight from my waist. I wiggles out of the knot and swam up to the surface, pushing myself as fast as I could out of the water. I reached again for the edge of the ship, this time it wasn't as slippery and allowing me to hold myself out of the water. It was easy, however, my arm was burning from holding my weight. I struggled to tape the bomb against the wet side of the ship. It was hard but eventually I managed to stick it on the metal ship. I dug for the remote, not knowing what button to press. I looked for any type of sign that would prevent me from blowing myself and every one of my friends up. As I was too distracted from looking at the remote, a large wave came at me, pushing me off of my spot and losing the remote in the deep of the sea. I fumbled hopelessly around me in the water, but I knew it wouldn't make a difference. I shot up to the surface, choking on water, and swimming up to the ship. I struggled to reach up to it, moving my legs furiously to keep myself from drowning. I pressed the first button and hoped. It started counting down from 30 seconds, a surge of adrenaline settled into my veins. I pushed off from the ship and swam as fast as I could. The faint shouts of someone on the beach could be heard. I wondered if it could've been Newt. I'd hope he'd still be alive.
The unknowing was really scaring me. Not knowing when the bomb would explode. Not knowing if Newt or Thomas or any one of my friends was on the ship. I just hoped and prayed they were far away.
I wasn't even thirty feet away when the ship blew up into pieces. The aftermath sent me into the water, I didn't have enough time to catch my breath before I felt my body being thrown down. I tried to swim away, but the sea was sucking me into its abyss. Shards of the ship plunged into the water all around me. A few pieces of metal cut me, creating a murky red to cloud my vision. In that moment, I decided that it was okay for me to die. I relaxed my once tensed muscles, feeling a sense of serenity. I let go of everything then, taking in a good amount of water into my lungs. I immediately tried to cough, grabbing at my chest and burning throat. I could feel my eyes watering, strangely. Nobody wants to die, but I was desperate to get to a place of peace. I was tired of living my life on the run when I only wanted peace.
In my moment of self pity, I had forgotten about Newt and my new family. Oh how his heart would break if he knew I had perished. But it was too late now, I wasn't choking on water anymore, I was drifting in and out of consciousness. Soon it would be all over, my only wish was for Newt to not hate me and for him to not hate himself. It was time to let go.