Greener Pastors

Newt and I travelled along the beach, every so often bumping shoulders from how closed we walked. We were almost to the other side of the island, but Newt stopped, making me halt.

"What's wrong?" I asked, shielding my eyes from the setting sun.

"In the little time I have known you," He was looking at me now," I've had these feelings..towards you. I haven't felt this way towards anyone."

My heart was beating fast now, like it would beat itself out of my chest.

"I don't want to scare you, but..oh goddamn it. Nora, I love you. Okay? You don't have to say it back but just.."

I pulled him to me, gripping his shirt so tightly my knuckles turned white. Our lips crashed together, and it wasn't like our few kisses before. I felt something. Something I couldn't describe, and it angered me and fluttered my stomach at the same time. I didn't understand it. But for right now I would enjoy this blissful moment with him. I burned the feeling of his lips against mine, his hands lingering on my neck. I was happy for once and I wouldn't let anyone ruin it.
We pulled away a little breathless with red cheeks. Newt was in utter awe, and kissed me again, gentler this time. When he pulled away I stopped him, letting our faces be only inches apart.

"Maybe I don't have to say it, but I do feel something for you Newt."

He cheekily smiled, and it made me blush, earning a smile of my own.

Newt intertwined our hands, and said,"Whether we have a name for ourselves or not, I'm yours."

It felt like I was riding a rollercoaster, but I was stuck at the top of the highest part of the ride. My heart beat speeding, waiting for the sudden drop. But it never would, not with Newt around. Not with friends like Minho and Frypan or Thomas. And over the course of the years that passed, they all became my rock, and the closest people to me.