[07]

Chapter Seven:
A New Home

Chapter Seven:A New Home

•••

JESSIE SUCKED AT apparating and disapparating, so instead she trudged along the side walks. She was only a bit surprised when the Knight Bus found her. She gave them Andromeda's address.

The bus was unbelievably fast. It made Jessie feel quite ill.

It wasn't long before she was dragging her trunk to her sisters front door. She knocked, greeted by a man she didn't recognize. He blinked at her for a moment.

"Oh, you must be Ted? Andromeda's husband?" Jessie guessed.

"Jessie!" Andromeda's voice shouted from within the house. She ran out onto the porch, hugging her tightly.

Jessie buried her face in her sister's shoulders. She was shaking as Andromeda helped her inside and Ted dragged her things up to the spare bedroom. Jessie followed, standing in the door way for a while before stepping through and changing into her pajamas. By the time Jessie had laid down in bed, Andromeda had brought up a glass of water.

"Get some rest, Jessie. Our bedroom is two doors down in you need anything else," her older sister informed her, kissing her cheek.

Jessie nodded, and with that, she fell asleep.

•••

"We should just wait down stairs, I feel like we're invading," Peter's voice woke her up. Jessie's eyes fluttered open, squinting at the sight of her four friends gathered in her bedroom.

"Andromeda wanted us to wake her up, anyway. It's fine," said Sirius.

Remus shrugged, "I have to side with Peter. Andromeda said she didn't get here until late last night. She's probably exhausted."

"She is," Jessie said, startling all of them, especially James who sat at the foot of her bed. "But she's happy to see you idiots."

"Hey, we're your idiots," Sirius grinned, pushing her over so he could sit next to her.

"Good morning, Jessie. Happy late Christmas," Remus said with a kind smile.

Jessie returned the smile, leaning against Sirius's shoulder.

"Hey!" Andromeda's voice boomed outside the door. She threw it open. "I said keep the door open."

Jessie blushed bright red at the thought of what Andromeda thought all five of them might have been doing. "Andi!" she shouted at her sister, clearly embarrassed.

Andi grinned. "Breakfast for eight is ready and Dora wants to meet you Jessie."

Jessie jumped out of bed, shoving her friends out the door so she could change. She slammed the door shut pulling on a sweater, presumably James's given the smell, and a pair of jeans before rushing down stairs.