[26]

Chapter Twenty-Six:
Nightmare

Chapter Twenty-Six:Nightmare

•••

SHE SCREAMED AS the mark was branded on her arm, panting when it was done. She stared down at the thing, watching it squirm on her arm. She turned her head to see Regulus watching proudly. She leaned up, kissing him full on the mouth.

"I am so proud of you," he whispered.

"Let us not forget our guests," Voldemort's voice scolded.

"Yes, my Lord," Jessica said, eyes falling on her friends. They were bound in full body binding curses.

James was crying in front of her. Remus looked so disappointed but held his head high. Sirius's face was contorted with pure anger. Peter had pleaded with the Dark Lord and agreed to serve him in exchange for his life.

"I want them to be able to beg for mercy, my Lord," Jessica said with a demonic look. "That one first. He won't beg."

She pointed at Remus.

The Dark Lord nodded at Regulus who waved his wand. Remus fell out of his chair panting. "You're right Jess. I won't—"

"Avada Kedavra!" Jessica screamed.

Remus's body went still on the ground. Pride swelled in her chest.

"Your dear brother next, Reg. I want to hear what he has to say."

The wand waved.

"You little bitch. You complete and utter arse! How could you? And you Peter are a bleeding coward! I hate you all!" Sirius screamed.

Jessica giggled. "Such anger. Too bad. The Dark Lord likes that."

Sirius growled.

"Poor Snuffles," Jessie pouted at him. "Avada Kedavra!"

James had his eyes squeezed shut. Regulus waved his wand and he collapsed in a heap on the floor. He sobbed.

"Jessie! Wake up! Jessie!"

Jessie sat up fast, panting as she looked around her dorm. She felt every inch of herself covered in sweat, her friend and even Professor McGonagall standing in the room around her.

"You weren't waking up..." James started, tears in his eyes. "You were screaming...you're safe now though. I promise."

Jessie threw herself into his arms, sobbing hysterically. After she had calmed and changed, Lily handed her a nice warm cup of tea. McGonagall left them, now sure that her student was safe.

They all curled up on Jessie's bed, said girl clinging to her boyfriend. In that moment she decided she couldn't chose that path. She wouldn't let herself kill her friends. She wouldn't bear that mark. She wouldn't. She couldn't.

She would chose the light. She wouldn't let whatever darkness that lay inside her control her. She would beat it. She had to beat it.

And this future child, boy or girl, she would love and she would raise them to end Voldemort once and for all—

she would do whatever it took.

•••
[Published: 02/23/18]
Vote and comment to show your support for this story and help it succeed!

a/n: LONGER CHAPTERS ARE COMING!!
But also: do you prefer short chapters or long chapters?