[08]

Chapter Eight:
Falling

Chapter Eight:Falling

•••
tw: anorexia
•••

BEING BACK AT school was the last thing Jessie wanted to do after the horrors of the holidays. But, with being at school meant trips to Hogsmead, which is exactly what was happening today.

Jessie wore a black sweater with the Hogwarts emblem on the right side of her chest. Over that she wore her coat and Gryffindor scarf. She had white earmuffs covering her ears, keeping herself warm.

"Jessie, you look like you're freezing half to death," Sirius commented as they walked toward Three Broomsticks.

Jessie glared at him. "What gave that away?"

Sirius grinned, about to comment, before Remus grabbed the back of his coat. "Come here, Sirius, I want to show you something," he said giving Jessie a wink. "Oh and Peter, your girlfriend said she wanted to meet you near Honeydukes."

Jessie thought of the curses she'd pelt at her best friend later. But for now, her and James continued to the Three Broomsticks. Jessie shivered as she shed her coat, sitting across from James in a booth. The place was decorated for Valentine's day already, the holidays now completely over in everyone's eyes.

"James—"

"Three more killed! Can you believe it! A Muggle born, her pure blood husband and their daughter!"

Jessie winced, glancing over her shoulder at the pair hunched over the Daily Prophet. "It's getting worse and worse," Jessie said softly.

James nodded in agreement. "I've tried to ignore it..." He shook his head. It was impossible to ignore.

"Honestly, I wish—" Jessie stopped, watching her two dear sisters enter the Three Broomsticks. Bellatrix snatched the paper from the pair. The couple rushed in the other direction.

Narcissa's face was neutral, but Bella was smiling as she settled in her seat. She yelled at a waiter, demanding two butter beers. She watched as a waitress hurried to her and James with their butter beers. Bella's eyes landed on Jessie at last.

Jessie held her breath as Bella stood. She walked over, ignoring James who had his wand ready.

"Hello, Jessica. So lovely to see you here. No one has butter beer like this place so we thought we'd drop be," she smiled pleasantly. "You look...well, Regulus did say he did you a favor when the potion made you throw up."

Jessie's eyes snapped down to her body. She had gained a few extra pounds, but she was perfectly happy with it. Until Bellatrix said something.

"Oh no, don't worry. Just don't wear any two piece bathing suits this summer...or anything tight fitting..." she shrugged. The waiter brought their drinks in to-go cups. Bella turned around, dragging Cissy with her.