DEATHLY HALLOWS

"HARRY POTTER IS dead!" Voldemort shouted.

Arthur Weasley had to hold back James as he surged forward, screaming for his son. Jessie simply fell to her knees letting out an agonizing scream.

Bellatrix laughed. "Can I kill her now!" She stomped her foot.

"She's yours, Bellatrix," Voldemort stepped aside.

"Cruicio!" Bellatrix screamed.

Jessie's pained screams echoed throughout the empty sky. And only when he heard his mother's pained screams did he fall out of Hagrid's arms.

Bellatrix lowered her wand. Jessie looked over at James who nodded.

"Crucio!" Jessie whispered, watching her sister writhe in pain, a please smile on her lips as she passed out.

•••

Jessie looked down at Remus and Tonks's graves. Her best friend and her niece. Andromeda stood next to her, crying over the loss of her husband and daughter.

"It's just so unfair," Andi whispered.

Jessie smiled. "Of course it's unfair. It was war. War means death. Death doesn't choose sides."

Harry blinked down at Remus Lupin's grave. "What of their son?"

"Well, you're his godfather Harry, aren't you?" James asked softly, looking over at Harry.

Harry's eyes widened. He shook his head madly. "No, no, no. I can't- I'm- I'd probably kill the thing!"

Jessie wrapped an arm around his son, kissing his head. "Hey don't worry. We'll help you out. Besides, if you can face Voldemort, you can help raise a child, can't you?"