[27]

Chapter Twenty-Seven:
Daydreams + Parties 

Chapter Twenty-Seven:Daydreams + Parties 

•••

JAMES SAT WITH his back against the tree by the Black Lake. Jessie sat between his legs, her back against his chest. One hand was tangled in her hair, the other was tangled with Jessie's.

Jessie played with his hand. She traced shapes on his palm, curled up against him. She wore one of his sweatshirts. It was adorable on her, James had to admit.

"So, this prophecy mentioned a kid...?" he asked softly.

Jessie nodded. "I never even considered kids. They seemed like a lot of work, a-and now after Regulus..." her voice trailed off.

James kissed the top of her head in understanding. What she dealt with last year, no one deserved anything like what she went through. But yet, here she was. And she came out the other end strong.

"But now, I guess kids wouldn't be horrible."

James smiled. "I want ten kids."

"Ten little you's. Aren't you and Sirius bad enough?" She demanded, smiling up at him.

"No. The world needs a little more chaos, don't you think?"

Jessie snorted and shook her head. Without even thinking twice both of them thought of each other in their future. Mr. and Mrs. Potter. They didn't even consider that they might end up with someone else.

It was always James. It was always Jessie.

"Two is my maximum," she decided.

"Oh, fine," James huffed dramatically.

"If it was a boy, what would you name him?" she asked, her voice soft now. Almost afraid of what he might say. Almost afraid that this fantasy in their heads wasn't real.

"James."

"That'll be the middle name. There's only enough room for one James Potter, anyway," Jessie laughed.

"Harry? Harry James Potter?" James suggested, twirling a strand of hair on his finger.

"Perfect," Jessie breathed. "How about for a girl?"

"I want a son," James whines.

Jessie laughed at him, turning around to face him. "You know you can't chose right?" She fixed his Head Boy pin on his chest, kissing his forehead.

Jessie was incredibly surprised when he got Head Boy instead of Remus and she got Head Girl instead of Lily. It was...exciting, to say the least. Of course, after the initial surprise, Jessie was unbelievably proud of her boyfriend. He was also quite proud of Jessie but a lot less surprised.