Chapter Eleven: Life Changing Decisions

Riley sighed as she rolled over and looked at Fernando, who was asleep next to her; she knew the kids were asleep in Aiden’s room, so they didn’t have to be too careful at the moment.

The brunette smiled as she felt Fernando pull her close, his grip tightening around her waist in his sleep; she curled up against him and sighed wondering how he had managed to convince to Olalla to go away for a week to visit her parents with Leo.

Since Olalla was away, Fernando had spent most of his time round at Riley’s with Nora; her brown eyes closed as she allowed him to bury his head into her neck.

Riley knew her father was desperate for another win; they had done well so far since with them due to face Benfica for the second half of their Champions League match in a week.

Meanwhile they were due to face Aston Villa, that weekend in the Premier League, the team was doing well right now and Riley was proud of her father.

“Mañana,” Fernando mumbled softly as he pressed a kiss to Riley’s neck, his brown eyes still closed contently; he was happy that she had taken her job back at Chelsea and Aiden didn’t seem to have a problem with him spending so much time with them.

Riley smiled as she felt his lips against her neck again; she opened her eyes and looked up at him.

Fernando pressed his lips quickly to her own before he pulled himself out of bed, knowing that they couldn’t stay in bed all day especially since Aiden and Nora were likely to walk in on them.

Riley watched him confused, she knew something was on Fernando’s mind but she had been waiting for him to speak to her about it.

“I’m thinking about divorcing Olalla,” Fernando said looking at her as he pulled his jeans on, his brown eyes looking at Riley knowing that he couldn’t go like this anymore.

Riley sighed as she sat up, she knew that things had been rocky between him and Olalla and that’s why Fernando was now stealing moments with her when his wife had her back turned for a moment.

“I don’t love her like I used to… I can’t stop thinking about you while I’m with her,” Fernando said with a soft smile as he moved to kiss Riley again; he had grown attached to the brunette that was making him so happy.

It was sort of a rule of thumb that they would avoid mentioning Olalla while they were alone together; it only seemed to bring the mood down since Fernando was cheating on his wife.

“Are you sure about this?” Riley asked, she was all too aware that Olalla wouldn’t let go of Fernando unless there was good reason to; the older woman lived to be a WAG and she would miss out on so much if Fernando left her.

Nodding his head, Fernando pressed another kiss to her lips, he knew that she was worried and she had reason to be; if the press learnt that he had started a relationship with her while he was still with Olalla, it wouldn’t end well.

“I’ve been speaking with my lawyer… I just need a reason to divorce,” Fernando said making Riley nod, Olalla would try to take everything from him; from the house to finding a way to keep his kids away from him, she would do it just to hurt the footballer.

Riley sighed as she stood and wrapped her arms around Fernando and kissed him, he held her close as she did so encouraging her to continue as he held her close.

The two were so wrapped up in their world that they didn’t notice, Nora or Aiden watching them from the doorway.

The two children quickly scurried back to Aiden’s bedroom and closed the door behind them so that their parents didn’t hear them talking about what they had just seen.