Chapter Thirty-Three: Will You Marry Me?

It had been two weeks since the Euros had finished and Fernando had flown the family out to Madrid for a few weeks before the new season started.

The footballer wanted to relax with his family before he went back to training and he knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Brushing her hair away from her face, Riley looked at herself in the mirror in her and Fernando's bedroom before their night out; she was wearing a coral pleat front colour block maxi dress paired with black barely there heeled sandals.

The brunette gave herself a once over before she nodded her head and collected her black bow satin clutch bag, she knew that Fernando was waiting for her downstairs and she didn't want to keep him waiting.

Riley had no idea why her boyfriend had insisted that they go out for the night like this, he had arranged for the children to stay with his parents while he took her out to a nice meal.

The footballer had been very happy since Spain had defended their national title and she knew that it would take some time for it all too really sink in; they had made history and Riley was so proud of him.

Walking downstairs and into the living room, Riley smiled softly as she spotted the children playing while Fernando's father talked with Flori.

"You look beautiful mama," Nora said smiling as Riley entered the living room, the brunette smiled at her daughter as Flori and José glanced at her; it was all too clear that she had no idea what was going to happen tonight.

Aiden looked at his mother confused, he had never seen her dressed like this before and he knew that Fernando had been super happy when he had announced that the couple were going out for dinner.

"Mummy where are you going?" Aiden asked curiously, it had been a very long time since Riley had needed to dress up like this and the brunette couldn't help but wonder what her boyfriend had in mind for that night.

"Mummy and daddy are going out tonight to dinner," Riley said as she sat down carefully as Flori and José shared a look knowing that their son had worked hard to make this a surprise for her.

Fernando leant against the door frame and smiled at Riley, she looked beautiful in the dress she was wearing. He watched her for another minute with their children, her pregnancy suited her; she was about five and a half weeks now.

"Ready?" Fernando asked making Riley look at him, she honest thought he wasn't home yet; she nodded while the children looked at him.

"Be good," Riley said as she stood and moved to stand next to Fernando, who wrapped an arm around her waist and gave her a small kiss; he hoped that when they came back she would be his fiancée.

The two children nodded as Fernando ushered Riley out of the house, she looked at him oddly wondering what was really going on; she had never seen him like this before.

Fernando opened the door to his Aston Martin DBS Sports Edition Black and smiled at her, he really hoped that tonight would go well and that she would say yes.

***

Riley looked at Fernando confused as he pulled up outside a fancy restaurant, she watched as he climbed out knowing that they'd never really had a first date and she had not expected him to do something like this.

Fernando opened her car door for her allowing Riley to get out; he chuckled at the look on her face as he lead her inside after he had handed his keys to the valet.

"I thought I'd make tonight special... it's our four month anniversary," Fernando said shrugging knowing that these had been the best four months of his life and they had a baby on the way in a few months' time.

Riley followed after her boyfriend as he led her up onto a private balcony that he had organised away from the crowded restaurant floor and that gave them a beautiful view of the city.

Riley looked at Fernando wondering what he was really up to; this was sweet but it was clear that something else was on his mind and it made her worry that he had done something wrong.

"Okay, what's really going on?" Riley asked as they stood on the balcony looking over the beautiful gardens around the restaurant; Fernando chuckled at her as he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close as he led her over to the table tonight everything would be perfect.

***

"I love you," Fernando said making Riley look at him, they had just enjoyed the first two lovely courses of their meal and the footballer couldn't wait a moment longer.

Fernando had wanted to ask her after the three course meal was over but he couldn't wait anymore and he wanted to ask her now.

"No, I'm in love with you, Riley you are all I think about. I don't know what I do without you and our children," Fernando said as he ran a hand through his hair nervously as Riley stared at him; she had never heard him talk about her like this.

The brunette swallowed as she watched her boyfriend knowing that what they had was fast and intense and she had never felt like this in her entire life; she loved Fernando more than anything apart from the children.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you," Fernando said as he pulled something out of his pocket, Riley stared at him stunned as she realise what he was doing.

Riley clapped a hand over her mouth as she watched her boyfriend, he slowly moved to get down on one knee before her knowing that he wanted this.

"We have a wonderful family, two beautiful children and one more on the way," Fernando said slowly getting down on his knee, he had wanted to do this for weeks and now he finally got to ask her that question.

Riley stared at him unbelieving of what was happening, she hadn't even considered that he was ready for this; Fernando opened the box he was holding, making Riley gasp softly.

"Riley Nicole Montez... you are the love of my life, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Fernando asked softly as he smiled up at Riley, he watched her knowing that she was everything that he had ever wanted.

Riley felt tears fill her eyes as she took in what he had said, she swallowed as she eyed the ring knowing that she didn't care that it sort of matched her promise ring; she knew deep down she would have said yes even if he hadn't bothered to get her one.

"Yes," she said making him smile, he quickly moved to kiss her as he moved her promise ring that she had only had for a couple of weeks onto another finger allowing him to finally slip on the 9ct white gold 15 point diamond flower solitaire ring.

Fernando was relieved that she had said yes, though he had never doubted that she would; he brushed some hair from her face, and kissed her softly.

Dessert was the furthest from the footballer's mind, he wanted to head home to their children and celebrate their engagement; he wrapped his arms around Riley as he pulled her into a kiss knowing that everything had worked out so well for them.

The footballer knew that his parents would be waiting in his home to hear if they had gained a new daughter-in-law.