Chapter Twenty-One: Spanish Holiday

Fernando sighed as he looked at Riley as they waited for the suitcases; they were currently in Madrid-Barajas airport and it was late at night.

Aiden and Nora were nearly asleep in Riley’s arms, she smiled tiredly at him; they still had the thirty minute drive back to Fuenlabrada.

Riley yawned as she closed her eyes, she couldn’t wait to get to Fernando’s house; she was exhausted from the trip and having worked earlier in the day.

The brunette could tell that Fernando was getting anxious, he wanted to get the children to bed and somewhere he could be close to her without worrying about being photographed.

“It won’t be long now,” Riley said softly, looking up at her from where she sat on the floor; she found it easier that way to watch the two children.

Fernando nodded stiffly as he looked at Riley, he knew the sooner they were home the better; he’d had the day off to prepare for this trip.

Riley had been in work since it was nearing the end of the session and had been doing a lot of paper work that needed to be done before she went on holiday for the week.

They didn’t have to wait long for their luggage and soon the two suitcases and the carry case were next to the small family, Riley held back a groan as she looked at him while Fernando sighed. They both knew that this would be difficult with two half asleep children.

“We just have to get outside,” Fernando said making Riley smile up at him, knowing that his father was meant to be picking them up from the airport.

Riley carefully stood stretching as she did; Aiden looked at his mother before clinging to her leg; he didn’t like the fact that it was way past his bedtime.

Fernando chuckled as he looked at the little boy, he knew that he was tired and that the trip had been strange for him; Riley hadn’t had the funds to take him aboard before, not even to see her paternal grandparents.

Nora sleepily looked at Fernando as he smiled softly at her, he shouldered the carry case while Riley handled the children.

They made their way out of the luggage lounge and into the main part of the airport, a tired smile formed on Fernando’s face as he spotted his father.

 José Torres couldn’t stop the smile that formed on his face as his youngest son approached him; the last time he had seen Fernando, it had been Christmas which was at least four months ago now.

Fernando hugged his father and closed his eyes, he was happy to see his parents now that things with Olalla were coming to an end.

“Padre,” Fernando greeted, Riley shifted Aiden on her hip while Nora held onto her leg; José smiled at his son knowing that things had changed so much since they had last seen one another.

The footballer pulled back from his father and smiled as he moved to introduce José to his girlfriend of a month; he was excited about showing off the woman that he moved.

“Padre this is Riley, my girlfriend,” Fernando said making José force a smile as he looked at the new woman in his son’s life; he certainly wasn’t happy that this had happened so quickly.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” José said as he eyed the brunette, his son had moved on far too quickly from Olalla and it made him worry about what had really happened to his son’s marriage.

José raised an eyebrow at Aiden who was starting to doze off on Riley’s shoulder, he hadn’t known that the woman had a child and it made him even more suspicious that she was now dating Fernando.