Chapter Twenty-Five: Another Surprise

It had been three weeks since the couple had returned from Spain and Fernando’s mother insisted on calling them at least twice a week; although Riley refused to speak to her at all after what had happened. 

Riley stared at herself in the mirror, she frowned as she looked at her breasts before she moved to cup them; she was sure that it was her imagination but her bra felt tighter.

Fernando raised an eyebrow as he stepped out of the en-suite and looked at his girlfriend, he wasn’t sure quite what she was doing but he knew that he didn’t mind the show. 

“Do my boobs look bigger to you?” Riley asked turning to face Fernando, she was sure that her boyfriend was bound to notice if they were different; he did stare at them a lot when they were alone. 

Fernando smirked as he moved to her and rested his hands on her hips, and pulled her close; Riley rolled her eyes, she knew his mind had gone straight to the gutter. 

The brunette was wearing a coral top with V-neck and peplum and white linen trousers paired with beige block heel ballet pumps ready for work. 

Fernando stared at the brunette’s breasts for a minute, they did look a bit bigger than they usually did; however he wasn’t about to confirm her thoughts since it was probably nothing important. 

“You look beautiful nena,” he said pressing a kiss to her lips; Riley smiled at him; though she hadn’t missed that he hadn’t answered her question. 

The brunette pulled away from him, she knew that she wasn’t imagining things but the last few weeks had seen a small change in her body and moods. 

“I have to pee again,” Riley said annoyed making Fernando raise an eyebrow at her; he chuckled as a thought popped into his head.

“Olalla had to pee a lot when she was pregnant with Nora,” Fernando mused making Riley stop what she was doing and looked at him. 

The footballer looked at his girlfriend, they both thought back to their first night in Spain; Fernando’s gaze dropped to Riley’s stomach while her hand moved to touch it. 

“Riley?” Fernando asked carefully as he stepped towards her, the brunette sat on their bed as she tried to think when her last period; Fernando waited for her to speak, needing to know if there was any small chance that he had gotten her pregnant. 

“I’ve been feeling queasy the last few days,” Riley admitted as he sat down next to her, he moved to touch her stomach; Fernando smiled softly at the thought of them having a baby. 

“Amor,” the footballer murmured as he pressed his lips to her neck; she smiled at him softly and she remembered when she learnt she was pregnant with Aiden. 

Joseph hadn’t spoken to her for three months after she had told him and here was Fernando being completely sweet at the thought of her carrying his child. 

***

Riley sighed as she sat in her office, Nora and Aiden where happily playing in the corner while she typed up some reports; however she was quickly up and out of her chair as her stomach lurched forcing her to rush to the bathroom. 

Stepping back into her office after she had been sick, Riley noticed that Nora and Aiden were looking at her concerned; she knew it must have been confusing for them. 

“Mummy?” Aiden asked moving to his mother while Nora followed him. Riley allowed Aiden to climb onto her lap, while Nora looked at her concerned at her; it was clear that if she was pregnant then it wouldn’t stay secret for long. 

“Mama, are you having a baby?” Nora asked as she recalled how her real mother had gotten sick when she was pregnant with Leo; she pouted a little unsure how she felt about another sibling.

“Mummy just has an upset stomach,” Riley said making Nora nod before she moved to hug Riley; the brunette let out a sigh of relief, wondering what the pregnancy test later that evening would show up. 

As she set the two children down, there was a knock on Riley’s office door; she looked up at Fernando who slipped into the room with a smile on his face. 

“I know we said… we’d see when we got home,” Fernando said as she opened the bag that he handed her nervously; Riley looked at him before she took his hand a pulled him into the masseuse room. 

Fernando looked around the room oddly, he hadn’t even known this was room existed and was surprised that it was connected to her office. 

“You sure you want to do this here?” Riley asked him, Fernando looked at her and nodded; he wrapped his hands around Riley’s waist and pulled her close. 

“I need to know,” Fernando said making her nod; this would change a lot for them, especially since Fernando was still married, at least for another two weeks. 

Riley sighed pulled away from Fernando but he didn’t let her go far; he wanted to be there while she took the test to find out if she was pregnant. 

“I think I can pee on a stick on my own,” Riley teased making him roll his eyes as they stepped out of the room and separated so that the brunette could go and pee while Fernando waited with the children. 

Riley closed the door behind her and pulled the pregnancy test out of the bag. 

***

Fernando tapped his feet as he looked at the clock on Riley’s office wall; he hated how long these things seemed to take, he wanted to know as soon as possible if he was going to have another baby. 

“Daddy is there something wrong?” Aiden asked as he looked at a nervous Fernando, both her and Nora could sense that something was wrong and it worried them. 

The footballer smiled softly at Aiden calling him Daddy, he loved hearing Aiden say it and he was glad the little boy saw him that way. 

“Everything’s fine,” Fernando said making them nod as Riley stepped out of the bathroom, she smiled softly at the sight before her as the children continued to play. 

Fernando watched her carefully for a minute, he could imagine her pregnant with his child, and now that that thought was in his head he wanted it more than anything. 

Riley looked at Fernando, she knew he was curious about the result but all she could do was nod her head; she was having his baby. 

Fernando had to restrain himself from jumping up and celebrating, he knew it would still be early days and they would have to wait to tell Aiden and Nora that they were going to have a sibling. 

“I want us to be a real family Riley… I want to adopt Aiden,” Fernando said making her look at him slightly; she knew Joseph wouldn’t take this lightly but he was never around anymore. 

Riley nodded as Fernando kissed her again, the brunette could sense his uncertainty as he kissed her; it wasn’t going to be easy especially since they hadn’t been together long. 

“You know I already see Nora as mine Fernando,” Riley said putting his mind at ease; he kissed her softly as he thought of the family he would finally have. 

Once his marriage to Olalla was taken care of Fernando would do the one thing he wanted more than anything, he would make this official one way or another.