Chapter Thirty-Four: Back in London

Riley groaned as she rolled over and looked at the clock, Fernando cursed softly as he pulled her close; the shrill ringing of the phone echoed around the quiet bedroom as the couple slept.

Riley moaned softly as she saw the time and curled back into him, she couldn’t believe that someone was calling them now; she closed her eyes as she cuddled into her fiancé.

The couple were back in London with the children as the new season prepared to start up again and pre-season training had begun; everyone was busy and it was clear that the new season was going to be a good one.

“Hola,” Fernando murmured as Riley buried her head into his chest, she was fourteen weeks pregnant and he knew that her morning sickness was dying off.

The footballer was pleased that her pregnancy was going well and they were going to have another baby; he loved the idea of watching her stomach swelling with their child.

“Olalla, how did you get this number?” Fernando said hearing his ex-wife’s voice, Riley looked at him concerned, since she was awake now morning sickness wasn’t too far away.

Fernando frowned as he realised Olalla was drunk, he sighed as he sat up as Riley continued to watch him; she knew that his ex-wife didn’t have their house number and it made her wonder how Olalla had gotten it.

“I’m not interested Olalla,” Fernando hissed as she started to sob about wanting him back and how she had made the biggest mistake of her life in letting him and Nora go; it had been weeks since Fernando had heard from her and he was annoyed that she was trying to drag him back.

They were divorced and Fernando had moved on with Riley and he had thought Olalla had moved on with Damien; however clearly something had happened if she was calling him now.

Riley sighed as she climbed out of bed and headed for their en-suite bathroom as her stomach lurched; the morning sickness was slowly going away but she still suffered from bouts of it.

Fernando watched her, he didn’t have to guess what was wrong and it made him want to get off the phone quicker to be by her side and hold her hair out of the way; it was the least that he could do.

“Listen Olalla go to bed… Leo will need his Madre soon,” Fernando said knowing that the little boy deserved better than a hung-over, drunk mother and it made him wonder where Damien was.

Fernando disconnected the call, he didn’t have time to deal with Olalla and she wasn’t his problem anymore; she had Damien and they were divorced now.

The footballer carefully climbed out of bed and hurried into the bathroom as Riley started to throw up; he moved to hold her hair out of the way; Riley glanced at him gratefully as her stomach lurched again.

Riley hated morning sickness but she knew it was a part of pregnancy, not a part she enjoyed; she couldn’t wait for it to be finished completely.

Fernando rubbed her back, he wanted to be a part of this pregnancy as much as possible; Olalla had pushed him away when she was pregnant with Nora and Leo.

***

“You look good,” Richard said as he looked at his daughter, he was glad that she had found someone to spend her life with; Riley was happy and that was all Richard had ever wanted for her.

Riley nodded her head as she sat down on the couch, she knew that her father was struggling right now and she hoped that her parents’ divorce would be dealt with quickly because it was slowly wearing her father down.

“Any ideas on what you’ll be having?” Richard asked as he sipped on his coffee, he knew that she was thrilled to be pregnant and having Aiden and Nora around only made things better for the couple.

Riley shook her head as she rested a hand on her small bump, she knew that they still had a while before they would find out; however she knew that the pregnancy would be over before she knew it.

“I don’t really mind but Fernando would like a little boy,” Riley said as her fiancé walked into the room, she smiled at him knowing that they hadn’t really thought about it what they would be having as long as it was healthy.

The footballer sat down beside Riley and took her hand, he knew that the phone call that morning had been worrying especially since they didn’t know how she had gotten the number to call.

“A little girl would be just as nice,” Fernando said as he smiled at Riley, he knew that as long as everything went okay with her pregnancy and that both his fiancée and the baby were healthy.

Richard nodded knowing that the footballer was going to be a wonderful father to the baby and he already had both Aiden and Nora; it was only the next step in his relationship with Riley.

“I really don’t mind,” Fernando said knowing that any child that he had with his fiancée would be a blessing, he loved Aiden and Nora and the new baby would be just as loved.

Riley smiled as she pressed a kiss to Fernando’s lips, she was so happy right now and she knew that their engagement and this pregnancy was only the beginning for them.

Richard watched the two of them with a soft smile, he had never been like this with Emily and he knew that his marriage had been doomed from the start.

Emily had never truly loved him but the status of his family, it had made her important and she had liked it; it was now that they were separated that Richard finally felt free and happy.

***

Riley leant against the door frame as she watched Fernando settle Aiden down for bed, she smiled softly as the footballer tucked their son in before she walked away.

It still felt like a dream to her that someone like Fernando was with her, she never felt good enough and she knew how lucky she was to have him.

Riley quietly stepped into their bedroom as she wondered what Olalla had wanted when she had called that morning; it had set her on edge especially since they didn’t know how she had gotten the number in the first place.

Sitting on the bed, Riley rested a hand on her small bump as she tried to ease the negative thoughts in her mind; she knew that Fernando would never leave her to return to Olalla and he had moved on.

“Riley?” Fernando asked as he stepped into the bedroom, he could see that there was something on her mind and it worried him that she was overthinking.

The phone call from Olalla had been a nasty shock for the couple and they weren’t sure what his ex-wife was playing at; Fernando had even called Olalla’s parents to see if they knew what was going on with their daughter but it had revealed no results.

“It’s nothing… I’m just a little tired,” Riley said smiling at her fiancé, she knew that he worried about her especially now that she was pregnant but she wasn’t going to let him know what was bothering her.

Fernando nodded as he stepped into the room and closed the door behind him, the children were both asleep allowing the couple some time together while they had the chance before Riley had the baby and things started to get busy.