Chapter 6

I was in a jungle and I walked around. There was this one tree that had the letters: P+Z surrounded by a heart engraved into it. I touched the tree and it started to burn. The fire spread quickly, and soon I was surrounded by a ring of flames. "Help me! Somebody Please!" Then the whole jungle starts to disappear, like it just burned away. Now everything is white. There is nothing. I am not sure if I float or if I stand, but the world I was in is all gone. There is nothing in this world. Nothing but me. "Hello?" I call, my voice echoing throughout the world.

"Hello," a different, unfamiliar voice responds. I spin around to see a boy. He looks about my age- 15 or 16. He has blonde hair that covers his forehead. His eyes are hazel, complex and stunning. His thin lips are twisted into a cheeky grin. His clothes are weird. He wears a black suit that covers his body from his toes to his neck. It's kind of like a spacesuit. The first that comes to mind is hot. Like really, seriously, smoking hot. I suddenly realize my mouth is hanging open and he must too, because he chuckles.

"I'm Zachariah," he says.

I know that name from somewhere, but I am too shocked to place it.

"Did you hear me? Zachariah asks. "I asked your name."

"What?" I feel my cheeks heat up as I blush. "Oh, I'm...um, Providence."

"Nice name." He says with a laugh.

"You're the one named Zachary something." I retort.

"Zachariah." He says with a gentle smile. "And it is, believe it or not, quite common."

I smile and then hear a beeping noise. "What's that?!" I scream.

"What's wrong? I don't hear anything!" Zachariah exclaims. I look down at my legs, which are fading away. "What's happening?" I shriek.

"You're waking up. See you soon, 'Providence'."

I open my eyes and turn of the alarm. I don't even remember setting one. "Zachariah," I mumble sleepily, feeling the word on my lips. "Zachariah."

I smile dreamily. How can I be falling in love with a dream? I'm just having dreams about hot boys because I'm lonely. But he feels so...real. Every night since I found that letter- which was written written by someone named Zachariah- I've been meeting with him I've been sharing dreams with him. When I am asleep, I don't remember our previous conversations, but when I wake up I do. Every morning another meeting is added to my memory. These dreams are different from normal dreams. For instance, out of the eight days I have had them, I remember all of them. They are clear and fresh in my mind, not a bit fuzzy. It is like I am awake the entire time, actually doing these things, but I never leave my bed. And the other thing that really scares me is the bruise on my shin. The third time I met Zach- yes, I did give him a nickname- he accidentally kicked me in the shin. When I woke up, I had a random bruise in the exact spot he kicked me. I like to think he is a real person, and somehow we are connected and meeting each other when we are asleep. I don't know if that's what it is or not, but something is defiantly wrong here. I roll out of bed and reach for my crutches. Yes, crutches. After I got home, I texted my mom and told her I had fallen down the stairs and twisted my ankle. We drove to the hospital about 20 minutes later, and I had to get crutches and bandages all over my foot. It turned out to be a pretty intense sprain. I limp over to my closet and pick out some clothes. I decide on a Mint green shorts, a lace crop-top and white flip-flops. I pull my dark hair into a messy bun on top of my head. I'm not in the mood for make-up, so I just apply some mascara and pink lip gloss. I stumble down the staircase to find that I was home alone. Again. I turned on my phone and had one text from the anonymous man, who I had renamed 'CREEP #1' in my contacts. I had begun to get used to his constant messages, though I never replied.

CREEP #1: Having fun with your DREAMY boyfriend? ;) I know some information about him, all you have to do is reply to this message.

I bite my lip. This is why I named him creep number one. Before I know what I'm doing, I respond.

Me: What do u know?

CREEP #1: You've come around! Well, one, his name is Zachariah.

Me: I knew that.

CREEP #1: He's 16 years old.

Score! He's my age. I do a pathetic happy dance in the kitchen.

CREEP #1: But he lives...in Enderland.

What? That place again?!

Me: What the hell is ENDERLAND?!

CREEP #1: Ahh, I thought you'd never ask. It is all about that key.

Me: how do I get there?

CREEP #1: That is for me to know and you to find out. Like I said, have that key. Wear it and walk around without looking. That's all for know, my dearie.

I turn of my phone. I need time to think. I don't even know what the hell this is! How do I get back? I have a feeling that the dreams, creep one, and Quinlan won't stop until I go there. Not that I want the dreams to stop, but I want to meet Zach for real. I want to remember who he is. My parents won't be home for at least 5 hours, so I have time. One trip, just to see what's going on wouldn't hurt, would it?

•••

Feeling like an idiot, I hold the key and walk around with my eyes closed. I walk around in circles for a few minutes, then open my eyes. I am half-way suprised to realise I am still in the house. I stand in front of a door, it is large and dark brown with a gold colored knob. My vision starts to get hazy, and my hand moves to the knob, although it feels wrong. As if I am not controlling my body. I open the door to see nothing but a white room. There is Zach, standing in it. "You've found me Prov. I've been waiting."