Welcome to the glade

I could see it in the distance.

Every nightmare, dream and memory I could remember came from this place. Most of my most precious moments with Newt were spent here in this hell hole.

"I see it!" I shouted as Minho gave a holler before speeding up to run along side me, "have you thought of how we're gonna get in?" He questioned me quickly knowing it's bad to talk and run at the speed we're going at before getting a stitch. "Nope," I answer running further ahead the place was huge, I could still remember the first time I saw it.

We where in a helicopter flying away, it was the first time I'd even seen it from above sure we'd made a wooden model whilst in the maze but this... This was different. We could see the prison that we had been tapped in for years.

"It's huge!" I heard Malia shout from where she was running as we got to the entrance. Thomas immediately took the lead by passing exact spot that Gally had shot Chuck, I stopped looking at the dry blood stain on the floor as Scott stopped beside me with Kira and Malia, "someone died here didn't they?" Kira asked looking at me as I looked at the spot.

"Yeah.... I'll introduce him to you when we save them all" I say walking away to where the others were leaving them to follow behind me. Minho opens the door towards the grieves hole I grabbed ahold of Thomas's sleeve as we enter into the maze, I saw where we'd fought the grieves back when we tried to escape.

"Something's broken the walls"Minho said pointing out the two walls that had once closed and put an end to our time in the glade. "Common we don't have long to get to the glade" I say pulling to pair away from staring at the walls before we lead the way towards the glade, "home sweet home shank" Minho called as the green of the glade came into view. "Home" I mumbled sighing happily speeding up as we arrived at the green area, "you lived here?" Malia called out as we all stopped looking round the place, "for years" Minho commented as I spilt off from the group heading towards the homestead. "Leave her be shuck face, she's going to her room nothing dangerous" I heard Minho Tell one of the pack members "shouldn't we stay together though?" Kira spoke up as they watched me leaving them "she's fine been here lot longer than I was... if she needs us she'll now where to look" I heard my brother tell them, I shrugged it off focusing on where my feet were taking me, just like how it was when I ran the maze I came here first then went to the map room.

Jogging up the stairs, I turned down the small corridor towards my old room. I pushed open the door seeing nothing had changed, all that we'd left in here was still here after so long.

Slowly moving round the room I look at all the trinkets I'd collected and kept safe from the other glader's, Newt never complained saying if it meant something to mean than it didn't bother him. I saw the buttons I'd collected the first few months being in here as well as the feathers from the birds I'd found and turned into decorations.

I turned to see our hammock still standing abandoned, the blankets hadn't been straightened still out of place from when we last slept in them.

I remembered our late night talks or when it was just a few of us here and Alby let us have the odd day off so that we'd not go insane so quickly, we'd spend most of the day here.

I felt someone running their finger along my jawline, I sniggered as their finger caught a ticklish part of my skin. "Your ticklish?" I heard Newt question quietly as I stayed still as best as I could, "Your gonna be like that know aren't you love" he chuckled as he ran his finger over the same spot again as I snorted trying desperately not to react.

"Your definitely ticklish" he mumbled peppering light kisses across my cheek and corner of my lips."if your trying to get me outta bed, imma chuck yo in the maze to the grievers" I threatened lightheartedly squirming away as one of his hands brushed my side. "I wasn't doing anything bad I was just admiring the view this morning," he said to me as I moved my head to look round the room, "wait since when did Minho get in here?" I questioned as he laughed sarcastically.

"Not even gonna let him come near this room, so you can forget about him being in here" Newt stated wrapping his arm around me pulling me closer. Pressing a tender kiss to my lips, "morning my darling Pip" he whispered pulling back as I smiled brightly at him, "Good morning Newt" I said before glancing over at our window. "We don't have to get up just yet" he murmured snuggling into me more as I smirked, "I give it two minutes till one of them come storming through that door saying their bored" I state as he laughed, "I give five" he answered as I nodded my head to the odds, "your on Newt" I say as he nodded his head, "right back at you Pip".

....... ....... ....... .......

"It wasn't my fault" I whispered as Newt turned round to face me. "I know but Gally doesn't believe you... meaning most the builders don't believe you" he mumbled as I try and look up at him in the dark "do you believe me?" I asked quietly. I felt his arm wrap around my waist as he pulled me closer than we already were "I'd always believe you... I know you didn't push Jack over the edge... he shouldn't have run out there you were just trying to save him" Newt said pressing our foreheads together.

I whimpered looking away as I felt him use his hand to make me look at him. "I know, I know it's hard.... it's always hard  when you think you could have stopped them from dying" he told me as I shook my head "it was horrible... he just ran past me as I was heading back I knew no one was meant to be there apart from me and he just ran past me, he got the the edge and I tried to tell him not to get any closer but he did and I tried to grab for him but I couldn't reach him he'd already jumped.... what's worse is I heard him screaming till he hit the floor" I mumbled holding onto Newts arm.

"Just forget about it okay... it's over now nothing can change it" Newt told me as I nodded slowly as he chuckled "Alright then common get some such eye, you've got plants that need planting tomorrow" he said brushing some of my lose hair behind my ear. "Yay so exciting" I sarcastically answered sleepily.

"I love you Piper" he mumbled as I smiled.

"I love you too"

"Piper"

"Piper!"

"Piper!....PIPER!"

"Piper!....Piper!" I head someone shouting my name as the memory ended and I was left staring at mine and Newts old hammock. "What?" I murmured looking over at who was shouting my name, Minho stood there with Brenda, Liam and Lydia.
"Common shank get your head out the clouds" Minho said to me as I dropped my head whilst tears welled up in my eyes. "I want him back" I whisper as Lydia moves past Minho wrapping her arms around me immediately.
"I know, I know, I know it hurts" Lydia tried to calm me down as her voice replace the memories of him and myself in this room.

"I'm getting him back, I don't care if I get hurt I'm still getting him back... I can't hold on anymore.... I'm tired of the pain" I whimpered sniffling as Brenda moved forward wrapping her arms around us. "Not without me your not lightning" she stated rubbing my back as Liam looked round the room, "it smells like you in here..... I'm guess the one who smells of fresh herbs is Newt" Liam spoke as he moved towards the box we kept any spare clothing as he inhaled the air around us deeply. "You can smell his scent?" I question watching Liam as he walked further into the room with us Minho watched him carefully, "it smells of herbs and the grass in the field, then there's your sent, it's not fresh like how you smell know but it's still there" Liam explained picking up one of Newts old shirts.

I watch him jealous of the younger boys abilities at this point yet thankful I didn't have them.

"Enough tears!, common greenies your all guests of honour here time to welcome you to the glade" I stated pulling away from the grasps of both girls, putting on the best smile I could as I humoured the words we used to say the greenies when they first arrived in the maze.