The Baffiling Baking Mystery Episode 9

Louise's p.o.v
I bite my nails as I turn the page to the latest Nancy Drew book, the Witch Tree Symbol. I'm barely on page 50 when I feel a hand come down my shoulder hard. "Ahh!" I shout, and the book flies out my hands and bangs into the wall.
"Sorry, darling." Says Mum. "Almost time for you to catch your bus."
"You don't know your own strength."
She laughs. "Your father tells me that when I won that arm wrestling contest at our local wing shop, he fell in love with me.  Although I think he let me win, I fell in love with those light blue eyes he has just like yours." She leaves, and I put my book in my room and grab my backpack. Patiently, I wait for the bus. When we arrive at school, Mary Jane is all over Carl in the hall, stroking his hair and smiling lovingly. Carl looks like he couldn't care less for her affection, sneaking peeks at other girls and Mary Jane turning his head back to hers. It's a sickening sight.
"Could you turn down the affection just a notch?" Says Julia. "Some of us have lunch to eat later."
"You wish you could get as much attention as I do." Retorts Carl.
"Quite the opposite. The day I let someone put their hands on me is the day I've been cloned and need a search party to come after me."
After school, I get the brilliant idea to write a mystery book of my own. What will the main characters' name be? I think as I tap my pencil on my chin. Wendy.... no. Not Wendy. That's not a detective name. I stare at my blank paper. This is harder than I thought.
Julia's p.o.v
"A bake sale? Really? A bake sale?" I ask Gracie after she's presented the idea.
"It's just a little something we're having after school. You'd be the first to sample."
"Now we're talking! What kind of cookies?"
"Sugar cookie, chocolate chip, raisin, M&M, double fudge, and peanut butter."
"And I get to sample each and every one of them first?"
"Yup, every one of them. But mine are the best, so it's worth it. I'll come by to pick you up."
Louise's p.o.v
Harriet. Harriet is a good name. Harriet Adams. Teacher by day, detective by night. Harriet is a no nonsense woman that    stays within the law but does whatever she can to get answers. Harriet always wears tall, red heels and has hair that's tied in a bun and as black as night just like her glasses. Her eyes are a clear blue. Now if only I could come up with a mystery for her to solve. The Way to the Golden Door. That sounds like a fantasy novel. The Missing Puzzle Piece. About answering the clues to the disappearance of a famous celebrity. Yeah. This sounds like it's coming along. Now for the details. Does she have a significant other? Does she live near her parents? Does she live alone? What does her house look like? Does she have any siblings? Suddenly, I feel like I'm back to square one.
Julia's p.o.v at the bake sale with Gracie
I sit at the edge of the judging table. Everyone puts one of each cookie in the oven. I can't wait until it all smells delicious.
"Who do you think is going to win?" The girl next to me asks.
"I think it's better to let the cookies do the talking."
After ten minutes, something comes in the air that makes me sneeze loudly, like I just inhaled pepper. The cup of water beside me sprouts up and onto my clothes. Thank goodness Gracie showed me the bathroom was before I sat down. I run there and barely make it. After I dry my tail and come back into the room, I see disappointed faces at both the judge table and the cooking station. "What's going on?" I ask Gracie look at trays of burned cookies on the counter.
"All of our batches burned. They're charred."
"You can make more, can't you?"
"No. All the rest of our cookies are at our houses."
"Can't we go get them?"
"By the time we go there, the competition will be over."
"Come to the bathroom with me?"
"I thought you hated--"
"I know, but come anyway." I make sure no one else can hear us when we enter the bathroom. "I think this might be my fault. Before she can question, I continue. "Something came in the air and I sneezed, and the water boiled onto my clothes. I guess when I sneezed, my powers reacted with the oven."
"I don't know what to do. We won't get to re-enter because they'll think we all burned them."
"Is there no extra batches?"
"No."
"Maybe you can motivate them all to make another. Give me five minutes. Leave the rest to me. When she starts to look skeptical, I put my hand on her shoulder. "Trust me."
Gracie gets everyone to make another batch and suggests that everyone go outside for some fresh air. I quickly heat all the cookies. Everyone is baffled to find all
the cookies completely done, and Gracie persuades them to chalk it up to a miracle.
Louise's p.o.v
Her house is a sky blue with her parents living a few streets away. Her one and only sister doesn't approve of the spy life, so they only see each other on the holiday. Being that Harriet has to juggle two lives,  she is not currently looking for a significant other. I suppose that could change, but I guess we'll keep it this way for now. Now to write the book. I sigh as I put my pencil on the paper.
Gracie's p.o.v
"So basically, Julia saved the day!" I tell Louise the story of how cookies burned and baked all in the same day. "Anyway, how is that book of yours coming?"
"Oh, that." She sighs. "I gave up on that. Too stressful. I assume you won the contest."
"Obviously. That reminds me. I take the cookie that I wrapped in a paper towel and open it. "Celebratory cookie, on me." We each take off a little piece.