Bonnie the busy body Episode 18

Louise's p.o.v
I flip through the channels on the tv mindlessly. The doorbell rings. I get up to get it. Mary Jane is at the front door. "You babysit on Saturdays, right?"
"Yes, but--"
"Great! Here's my little cousin, Bonnie. Come out from behind me!" She exclaims, annoyed. A timid looking girl pops her head out. "I can't be bothered to deal with the little ankle-biter anymore." She nudges her inside. "Have fun." She closes the door.
"Um..." I say, trying to process what just happened, "are you hungry, Bonnie?" Slowly, she nods. "I'll make you something to eat. What kind of sandwich do you want?" She doesn't respond. I guess you can't go wrong with a ham sandwich. "Here you go," I say after I've made it. She's still standing by the door. "You don't have to stand there. Sit on the couch." She doesn't move. Gently, I grab her hand and take her to the couch.
"Louise,"  says Mum, "have you seen my-- what's this child doing here?"
"Mary Jane dropped her off. Then she left."
"You didn't think to go after her?"
"I'm sure I can handle Bonnie. She seems like an easy job."
"She's your responsibility, not ours."
"She'll be fine, Mum." She leaves, and I give Bonnie her ham sandwich. She takes a small bite. "Change the channel if you like. She continues to take small bites of her sandwich, watching a documentary on turtles. "Let me know if you need anything." She is the shyest child I've ever met. Seeing as how she's content with her sandwich and television, I go back to my room. When I come back, she's gone. "Bonnie? Bonnie? Bonnie?" I look around for her in different hallways.
I find a note on the table. Gone to the aquarium. Oh no, I think as I run to find her. I look all around for her and she's nowhere to be found. I wasn't even gone for five minutes before she left. Finally, I spot her at the ice cream stand with Gracie. "Bonnie," I say and she turns around, "don't run off like that!"
"I need money to buy ice cream."
"I don't have any on me. I don't think you deserve ice cream with you going off on your own."
"Mary Jane lets me go where I want as long as I tell her where I am."
"Well, little missy, I am not Mary Jane. Come along, now." I grab her hand. "Sorry about this, Gracie."
"No problem."
I open the door to a worried Mum. "Where have you been?"
"Trying to find this little sly fox. Everything is fine now, I'm keeping a close eye on her now."
"So I can't get any ice cream?" She goes up on her tip-toes when she says ice cream.
"Maybe you can get some if you've been good and you don't run off again."
"I'm thirsty." Still holding her hand, I grab a cup and fill it up with water and give it to her free hand.
"I want ice in it." I bring her to the couch.
"Sit and stay, please." She plops down on the couch and I take the water back to the kitchen, where I make ice with my powers.
"How did you do that so fast? She asks when I come back. "I heard no ice go in the glass."
"I'm just stealthy, I guess."
"Can I have some ice cream now?"
"You haven't been good long enough yet."
"Can I have a cookie?" When I bring it to her, she asks for milk, among other things. After the milk, she asked for a blanket, then a pillow, then a stuffed animal to cuddle with and more, almost in rapid succession. I start to doze off when I hear Bonnie in my ear. "Do you have any friends?"
"Of course."
"What do you do for fun?"
"I read and I write occasionally."
"What's your favorite color?"
"Blue."
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"How about we play the quiet game? Whoever can stay quiet the longest wins."
"I'm not good at this game."
"You've already lost. Now let's try again. Go!" After ten seconds, she speaks again.
"This is boring."
"You know what? I should call Mary Jane and make sure she's not worried about you." I go over to the phone and realize I don't have her number. Instead, I call Julia and ask her how she would deal with this situation. She said she would throw the kid to the curb, and then chuckles at her own joke. She then offered to pull a few strings.
"What does that mean?"
"Leave it to me."
"If you say so, Julia. Bye."
Julia's p.o.v
"Hey Carl. Do you think you could pick up Mary Janes' brat of a cousin over at Louise's? I ask over the phone. You can? Thanks." I hang up the phone. This boyfriend thing really comes in handy.
Louise's p.o.v
The doorbell sounds and I open it. Carl is at the entrance. "I'm here to pick up Bonnie." He says.
"Come on, Bonnie. It's time for you to go home."
"Thanks for the fun time. Although I never got my ice cream." As bothersome as she can be, I guess she deserved ice cream now. I smile.
"One moment." I take ice cream out the icebox and put a tiny scoop in a plastic cup. I walk over to her and kneel down. "I had a fun time with you, Bonnie." I say as she takes the ice cream from me. I didn't really have fun, but it's my closing slogan. As Carl closes the door, I mouth a thank you and he nods. I call Julia again and ask her how she managed to get him to come to my house. How she managed to get in contact with him.
"I know a guy that knows Carl."
"That's friends with you?" I chuckle at the thought.
"Is that so unbelievable?"
"Yes, Carl's a jerk and I'm sure his friends are too." You'd think Julia would agree to such argument, but there's a bit of silence where there shouldn't have been, and to break it I say, "Well, anyway, thanks." I hang up. That was strange. I shrug and think it's probably all in my head.