Shakes and secret dates Episode 16

Julia's p.o.v
I'm walking around the outlet mall with an ice cream in hand when Carl comes up to me.
"I thought I'd find you here."
"What makes you say that?"
"I had a hunch. Throw that away because I am taking you out to lunch."
"Really?"
"I know just the place." We enter a small malt shop with the jukebox playing faintly in the background. The air smells like steak and hot chips.
After we're seated, I start to look at the menu when Carl says, "You're not going to believe this but if it weren't for the sea monster that saved me a week ago, I wouldn't be here with you right now."
"A sea monster, you say?" Just then, a waiter comes to serve us.
"Hi. My name is Dale and I'll be your server today, what can I get you to drink?"
"Ladies first." Carl says.
"I'll get a strawberry shake."
"Would you like that with or without whipped cream?"
"With." He writes it down.
"And for you, sir?"
"I'll have what the lady is having."
"Ok. I'll be right out with your orders." He leaves, to which Carl continues his story about the sea monster. "I was searching for an artifact that I couldn't find, when a door I hadn't seen before closed. I saw something before I blacked out, and it saved me."
"That's amazing."
"Can you imagine how something like this could change the course of history?"
"I bet it would."
"You should come out with me and look."
"I don't know, I've never been much of a boat person." The waiter comes back with our shakes.
"Here you are. What would you like to eat?"
"I'll take the cheeseburger with  hot chips." Says Carl.
"Ok. And for you?"
"I'll take the chicken sliders."
"Ok, I'll be right back." He leaves.
"Think of the fortune we can make off this thing."
"I'm sure it wants to be left alone."
"What's the point of living if you can't learn new things?" He sounds like Max.
"I'm sure Arthur will come with you. He looks disappointed. Let's not worry about it right now and enjoy our food." After we eat, we walk around town and then I go home to sleep. The loud slam of a door wakes me up. I come down to the living room. "What's wrong, Dad?"
"A boy said he came to see you. I told him to leave and I slammed the door in his face."
"Dad!" I open the door to see Carl. "How did you know where I live?"
"I called in a few favors. I had a really nice time today."
"You came by just to tell me that?"
"And to give you this. It's a slip of paper with his number on it. "In case you change your mind about that boat trip." Slowly, I smile and close the door.