Love is blind Episode 21

Gracie's p.o.v
"It's just so sickening to me that Valentines' Day is shoved into my face. I say as Louise and I walk along the beach. "Couples kissing this way and that, flowers and chocolates everywhere you go. It makes no sense to me why you would want to commercialize love." Louise puts her arm out in front of me. "What? What's wrong?" I look at what she's looking at. Carl walks up to Julia and with a heart-shaped card in hand, he puts his hand on her shoulder. Confusion turns to a smile as she takes it from him, tracing a card with her finger. We look at each other.
"Maybe we can confront her before the dinner tonight." Says Louise. I nod. "Cmon, we've got a phone call to make. At my house, Louise cuts straight to the point. "We need to talk."
"About?"
"The card we saw you take from Carl. Meet us at Mako in ten minutes." She hangs up, too angry for negotiations.
"We'd better get dressed for the party." My dress had a tinge of yellow at the dip of it, while the rest of it remained green with upside down flowers complete with white heels. Gracie decided to go simple with brown overalls, a green scarf, and brown shoes complete with her I Love Lucy hairstyle.

"And the weirdest thing about that whole scene was that she was wearing a dress!" I shout close to the bathroom door

"With flowers on it! They were black, but girly nonetheless. Remember we had to force her to wear that dress at the one party we went to?" She comes out the bathroom in her party dress angrily flipping her scarf around her neck.
"I know!" She exclaims as I get up to change. "And now she's changing clothes willy-nilly!"
Julia leads us to the land entrance at Mako. Before we get to the cave part, Julia says that they are dating and that she's planning on telling him about her on their date today. Louise says, "You're going to have to stop dating Carl." She storms into the cave entrance. "Julia please, you don't understand!" My voice echoes through the cave. Her voice overlaps mine as I try to reason with her.
"I understand fine. You're jealous."
"For once this isn't about you, this is about us!"
"We can't let you leave!" Says Louise.
"I don't care! I'm going! And you're underestimating Carl! But it's not just us that acts strange all the time. You're just as guilty of this as me. When we told you not to save Phillips' little brother, what did you do?" She looks at Louise.
Gracie defends me. ""That was diff--"
"And when Max wanted that fingernail, what did you do?" She looks at me.
"You act I'm the only one to do something stupid for a boy, when in reality, I know I can trust him. Can you say you can trust the ones you risked your lives for?" She puts her hands on her hip. Louise takes the card from her and still holding it, she walks to me so I can read. Dear Julia, my sweet, sarcastic, spitfire. I wish you a wonderful Valentines Day and I hope to see you later today. My love goes to you, Carl.
"Carl's going to keep looking for his mermaid!" Shouts Louise. Julia rolls her eyes swiftly.
"Thanks!" She stomps over to Louise and snatches it from her. "Good friends don't give each other ultimatums."
"No, please Julia, we all have to make sacrifices!"
"I don't need to be in your life--" I sigh slightly, frustrated that she's not getting it. "So stay out of mine. Since you like choices so much, I'll give you one. You can go home and the secret will be safe, or you can try and stop me and I'll expose all three of us." At this, she raises her eyebrows as a challenge. She leaves through the cave, so we leave through the pool. We attend the party and pretend to enjoy it, but we can't.
Julia's p.o.v
I call Carl and asked him to meet me at the pier. There I see that sly smile I've learned to fall for. He has his arms crossed, and he looks confident.
"I'm glad you could meet me. Come down here." I walk toward the edge of the pier and he follows. "What I'm about to tell you you can't tell anyone." Still holding the card, I take his hands. "I'm a mermaid." Smiling, I nervously bite my lip. He looks at my hands, then me for a moment before he angrily takes his hands away from mine.
"When where you gonna tell me this?"
I scoff in shock.
"When I thought the time was right. You gave me this," I put the card near his face, "I--"
"Right!" He exclaims, high pitched. "I gave you this, not a fish." He throws the card on the ground. "Your timing was never right." I try to gather words, but nothing comes out. Disappointed, I pick up the card and walk home. I dream of the fun times he and I had together. Our first date was actually enjoyable, and it only got better from there. We ate each others food so much that I made a game out of how much food the other could eat before it was noticeable. How we used to feed each other french fries and share milkshakes together. I would eat as fast as I could while he burped the alphabet, which distracted me, but ultimately made me laugh. I remember our first kiss, and then I remember what was ultimately our last, this morning after he gave me the card. The doorbell rings, which wakes me from my dream. Gracie and Louise are at the door. I let them in. "We tried to call you." Gracie says.
"Money's been tight lately. We can't afford to rent a phone right now."
"Is that why you're sad?"
"Carl broke up with me."
"So he said--"
"I asked him to meet me at the pier, I told him, and he threw the card on the ground and left."
"We're here for you." Gracie puts her hand on my shoulder, but I shrug it off.
"I don't want your sympathy. I want to be alone."
"Well... we'll be at Mako. Just so you know." I close my eyes, hearing footsteps and the door closing quietly. As I hear them depart, I think, Soon. He'll come around. He just needs time.