Shipwrecked Episode 12

Louise's p.o.v
The three of us are enjoying our juices at Mary's when Carl and his mate, Arthur, come in. They come toward our table. "Louise, tell me what you know about this artifact. It's rumored to be somewhere on the coast." Says Carl in a low voice as he slaps a picture of intricate looking statue with a person laying in coins onto the table.
"A please would be nice, and I don't know anything about it."
"It looks like a hoax to me." Says Julia. "Aren't things like that supposed to look a lot older?" We giggle.
"Useless." He grabs the picture off the desk and leaves with Arthur behind him.
"If there's a cash award, maybe we can look ourselves." Julia whispers.
"When there's no equipment to be found, that'll sure make the news. Mermaids find ancient artifact." I whisper back.
"It'll be easy. We just get there before everyone else does and put it on shore. That way anyone can find it."
"I can't believe you're still entertaining this idea."
"I don't know. I see both sides." Says Gracie. "But why do all this work for something that might not even be there?"
"He did peak my interest on the subject of the statue." I say. "I'm going to the library to find out more. I'll catch you later." I get up to pay and then I head to the library. After mountains of research, I find out that the picture Carl showed me is a carving of the god of wealth, though I'm not sure of the region. All of the books here don't have anything described like the picture he showed me. Perhaps it is a hoax, after all.
I describe the statue and ask about the reward at the front desk.
"Here's the poster for it. Everyone's been looking for almost a month now and no one has a clue as to where it might be." She hands the poster to me. The amount of money people are giving to whoever finds it makes my head hurt. I hand it back to her.
"Thanks for the help." I say and leave.
Carl's p.o.v
"Ready, mate?"
"Ready!" We put in the mouth pieces to our scuba gear and dive in. We look around for a while when Arthur grabs my arm. He points to a shark, his greatest fear. I urge him to stay down here, pointing down furiously, and he does the same with the up motion. The shark isn't even that close to us, but he goes up and leaves. Of course, I think to myself. Why didn't I see it before? I have to look where no one else is. Mako Island. I surface, take out my mouthpiece, and hop in the boat. "Drive near Mako Island. The engine roars to life, and when I think we're in a good spot, I tell him to stop. "Wish me luck." I say before putting in my mouthpiece and diving in. At first I see nothing, but then I find a house  boat with windows sunk. I go inside to find the artifact, though I doubt it would be there. I open every box, every cabinet, every drawer in sight. Papers upon papers with nothing on them. I push them out my way so I can see, and when I try to exit, there's a door that I didn't see before that wont open. I try punching it, but it doesn't work. Eventually, my oxygen tank depletes, and I start to black out when I hear a banging noise, then a screeching sound, before seeing a giant fin, and then I black out completely.
Louise's p.o.v
I open the sliding door partially and grab an unconscious Carl and take him to shore. I bask in the sun to dry off, and wait for Carl to wake up. Luckily, I was there when I found the boat with Carl inside. I sensed he would come here eventually, and set out to find him. Just in time, it seems. I become human again, and Carl wakes up five minutes later.
"Where am I?" He says.
"I saw you in the surf and dragged you to the shore." He's covered in sand from me dragging him.
"Impossible. I was in a boat and I couldn't get out."
"Well, you did."
"I saw something before I blacked out... did you see anything?"
"No."
"Well, I did. And I'm going to find out what it was."
"I have to go." I leave, explaining the story to the girls at Mako Island. "I don't think he's going to let this go."
Sorry for the short episode! Only a few are like this, the majority of them are more detailed like the ones you've seen. Anyway, I hope you still enjoyed!