Explaination

"That's not even a dare Pegs it's just a demand." I say still shocked at the request.

"Okay I'll rephrase it. I dare you two to pretend to date and not just kiss once in the hallway kinda thing like I want John, Lafayette, Madison everyone believing it." She says with a smirk.

"There's no way in hell we are doing that" I say and Jefferson nods (holy shit that might be the first time we agreed on anything).

"Okay" Washington smuggly leaning back. "Why don't we make this interesting. You both being bugging me to see who gets to make the speech at graduation. Whoever last longer or is better at faking it gets to do it."

I raise my eyebrows so much it hurts "you gotta be fucking kidding me!"

This speech was a big deal. It was basically being valedictorian and looked great on a resume or university application plus it would be a platform for me to thank John, Laf, Herc, Washington, and all the teachers who helped me get there. I really wanted to do it and I know Thomas did too just from the look of distant on his face.

"Yeah come on George that's not fair." Jefferson says clearly as annoyed as I am.

"You both are equally qualified and this sounds like fun." Washington says with a laugh.

I look over at Jefferson who is clearly fuming. This guy hates me, like he HATES me. Not really sure why and I really don't care why a cock like that hates me, but the point is he wouldn't last 30 seconds. He wouldn't make it down the hallway holding hands. I think his lips would fall off if he tried to kiss me. There is no way in hell he would be able to do this which would mean I would get the speech easy.

"Fine." I say.

Everyone sits in stun silence for a minute as I eye down Jefferson. He holds my gaze with his dark brown eyes narrowing them slightly.

"Fine." He agrees

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here" I say tossing my phone to Lafayette who is laying on his bed looking at his own phone "this will count as your Birthday present for the next five years."

He grabs the phone almost screaming as he looks at the photo of Washington I had cued up for him.

"I'm drolling how are his abs so perfect" Lafayette says running his fingers over the screen.

"Please stop groping my phone." I say.

"I will stop when he stops looking so damn hot." Lafayette says rolling around on the bed.

"Hey man I ugh" I stutter weirdly nervously, Thomas and I agreed on a story but I had no idea how to make it believable. "I think I am kinda dating Jefferson."

"Ummhmm" Lafayette says not tearing his eyes away from the phone.

"Did you hear what I said." I say laying back on my bed "I am dating Jefferson as in Thomas Jefferson."

"Yeah I heard" he says looking away for the first time "let me guess. You guys got to talking in the back of the party all of a sudden you guys are yelling at each other then to make a point or something he kisses you and you just went with it."

"How the hell did you know?" I say shocked he guessed our story exactly.

"You guys are like fucking 4 graders being mean to each other cause you think each other is cute." Lafayette says "it was a matter of time."

"What that wasn't what was happening. He didn't I didn't we were not." I stammer.

"Why you mad? You where sucking his face 30 seconds ago." Lafayette says looking at me confused.

"Right yeah no I was just surprised. Because I didn't see this coming but I guess I have a boyfriend now." I say pulling the cover over myself since I'm so tired I just wanna pass out "I have a boyfriend now."