A.Ham Overthinks Everything

The light seems to be shining directly into my eyes. And even though i keep them closed, nessling my head deeper into the mattress it still awakens me from my slumber.

"Turn the light off" I mumble hoping Lafayette will hear me and turn it off so I can sleep more.

"It's the sun darling I can't control it."

"Thomas" I mutter realizing that the surface I was nessling my face into wasn't a bed but Thomas' chest. "Did we fuck?"

I ask it casually but I'm incredibly nervous for the response. Last night was a bit of a blur. I remember the drinking, I remember the kiss. That kiss holy crap. It was probably just one of those things where I was drunk so I thought it was better than it was. Like last night I thought it would be fun to try and give Hercules a piggy back ride so obviously my logic was flawed. But that kiss was burned into my brain now. Even though I was drunk I felt that the kiss had been sobering. And unlike the rest of the night it wasn't blurry, that moment was crystal clear. Jefferson's lips were softer than I would have thought and we fit together better than one would think.

"Open your eyes Alex" Jefferson says in response to my question. I do and immediately realize why he asked me that. I was cuddled on Thomas' chest in his bed,   But we both fully dressed, and when I turned my head I saw that Laf, John, and Herc were all laying on the bed next to us. Everyone is incredibly tightly packed on Thomas large bed. We didn't fuck. Obviously we had just fallen asleep.

I couldn't help but wondering about our position though. Thomas' arm was wrapped around my waist his fingers tapping lighting against my spine. One of my legs lay between Thomas' and one of my hands was trapped under his back.

How did we end up like this? Was it just for show? Should I move? Is he uncomfortable? Why am I not uncomfortable? Does he have a boner? Nope that's just the sheets.

Okay I answered one but I still had a lot more.

And most of them were about that kiss. That GOD DAMN KISS. Did it feel great because I was drunk? Did Thomas feel anything? Would I feel the same way if I was sober?

All I wanted was to climb up this bed and kiss him again. I wanted to know what it was like to kiss him sober.

"You okay Hamilton?" He asks with general concern in his tone. But this only creates more questions in my mind primarily HAMILTON? What happened to Alexander?

"Um yeah about last night?" I say looking up at him for the first time but he is staring up at the ceiling.

"Yeah I know we have to keep up appearances, but I think we should avoid kissing in the future." He says still not looking at me.

"Oh" I say disappointment dripping in my voice. "Yeah that's fine."

I pull my arms off from his chest and sit up. The silence that was a few seconds ago calm and tender became harsh and unpleasant. I put my legs over the side of the bed and Thomas does the same.

"I'll get the guys together and we will get out of your hair." I say.

Thomas just nods. Despite the awkwardness of the moment I take the opportunity to leap on top of my three sleeping friends.

"Morning friends" I scream rolling on top of them.

They groan and start kicking me.

"The fuck Al" John says giving my ass an aggressive push which causes me to fall to the floor.

"Time to go" I groan from the floor, as I rub my ass.

My friends move slowly due to their hung over, exhausted, state but eventually we all climb on the bus and head home. I hope they didn't think it was odd that I didn't ask Thomas to drive us. I couldn't. Something was wrong I could tell, but I also couldn't ask. John gets of the bus, and then Herc, and finally Lafayette and I arrive at our stop. While walking up the drive way Lafayette leans his head on mine obliviously exhausted. Once up in our room Lafayette mutters something in French before passing out.

I lay down on my bed and just as my mind is being engulfed by thoughts my phone goes off. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed to see it's John not Thomas but I answer it anyways.

"What's shaking bacon?" I ask and I can hear John roll his eyes.

"You with Laf?" He asks.

"Yeah but he is sleep." I say.

"Good I need to talk to you." He says.

"Oh my God your pregnant" I joke but the other end of the phone is just silent "Talk John"

"I didn't sleep well last night"

"Okay sorry"

"No Alex I didn't sleep well last night."

"Do you need a lullaby?"

"Alex all of last night I was awake including this morning."

"Oh shit" I mutter. He heard us this morning. "What did you hear?"

"I heard him say he didn't wanna kiss you and I heard you reply and it sounded like he said you wanted to die." John says "what's going on"

I look over at Lafayette to make sure he is asleep, not wanting to make the same mistake but Lafs mouth of ajar, drooling was sleeping out the corner of his mouth and he was snoring lightly. Definitely asleep.

"We aren't dating. Peggy dared us to pretend to date and Washington says whoever did it best gets to give the speech at Graduation. I am so sorry I lied, honestly John I am but I need that speech if I'm gonna get into Harvard." I say dreading the anger of his response.

"So when did you start developing feelings for him?" John asks and I ponder the question for a moment confused.

"I didn't."

"Yeah but you did"

"No it was an act"

"Okay but you love him"

"John I'm not kidding it was a dare"

"I don't doubt it was a dare. But come on Al. You have feelings for him now right?" John says and I sigh knowing he won't let this go.

"Honestly we were becoming friends and everything was good. But last night, y'all were joking about us kissing and well I don't know. It just felt right John. It felt perfect."