Go Fish Bitches

"How come you never hang out when your not at school?" Hercules asks. "Got any 2s"

"Go fish"' I say after glancing at my cards.

Hercules, Lafayette, John and I were playing the only card game we knew how on Johns bedroom floor. We tired to learn poker but after 5 minutes Hercules declared the game to be bullshit and threw his cards in the air.

"We do hangout" I say "John any Aces?"

"Fuck you" he said throwing it at me. I can't help but smirk, John was holding his cards so everyone can see but still had no idea how we always guessed his cards "and Herc is right since the party, which was like what a week ago, you haven't hung out with him outside school once."

"Yeah mon fere. He is right I sleep right next to you. I know you every move." He says. "This game is lame."

"Okay one your super creepy. Two your only saying that cause your losing and your a sore loser." I say trying to distract them from Thomas.

"Umm he's the sore loser bitch have you ever seen yourself play monopoly." John says.

"Monopoly is a basis bullshiy version of our capitalist system that would never play out naturally." I say still in a huff over the monopoly game of 2013.

"Ok well I'm done with this." Lafayette says throwing his cards into a pile and we all follow knowing we had failed in our attempt to partake in a civilized pastime.

"Now what?" I ask.

"How bout you give your boy a call?" John says eyeing me. "It's Saturday. Your bored. Go on a date."

"Well I am umm sure Thomas is busy." I say.

"You'll never know unless you try." Hercules says in a taunting tone. So I roll my eyes and grab the phone.

It rings twice before Thomas picks up "Hello darling."

"Hey babe." I say awkwardly as my friends sit heads on their intertwined fingers and watch me. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing that cant be dropped for you darling." He says and I can't tell if he is mocking me or if he is just faking because he is with James or something. But ether way I'm annoyed he didnt fake being busy so I could stay with my friends.

"Well umm good should we get some coffee then?" I ask.

"Sure shall I pick you up at yours then?" He says.

"I am actually at Johns. 1552 Mercer street. Just honk when your outside." I say.

"Bye bye for now then sweetheart." Thomas says before hanging up the phone.

~~~~~~~

"Jesus Jefferson when I said honk I meant once." I say covering my ears as I run towards his fancy car.

"You were taking to long." He says sticking his head out of his car window.

"I hate your car." I state hoping into the passenger seat of his convertible matte black sports car. It was an amazing car. But it pissed me off.
I
"How can you hate this car!" Thomas says fuming already.

"Don't you ever think about how many people could eat dinner if you didn't buy this car." I watch out the window at my friends staring at us as Thomas starts to drive away.

"Okay don't paint my a villain for taking part in capitalism. I pay for this car and the money goes back into the economy." He says roaring the the engine a little.

"Yeah but the money you spend isn't disturbed equally so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer." I say actually enjoying our capitalism debate.

"What so I'm responsible for the whole capitalism system as an individual." He says turning left as he pulls out of Johns driveway.

"As an individual no. As a member of the one percent yes." I say.

"Fine. Shall I drop you home." He says "I assume this was just for show."

"Well no duh it was just for show but you can't drop me at home. Lafayette will be there. But you can leave me at a coffee shop. I have my laptop I'll do some work." I say.

Thomas just nods. And starts driving towards our towns small one Starbucks. I notice that Thomas phone is plugged in and playing Famous.

"You like Kanye?" I ask.

"Are you kidding? Life of Pablo is the best thing that ever happened to me. You have a problem with that?" He says smiling at me and turning the music up a little.

"No problem here. But I gotta say more of a Yeezus guy myself." I say smiling.

"I gotta say I respect that." He says with a smile.