An English Expression

"So you guys have been doing this for months now" Peggy says laying her head on to Alexander's lap "is it ever gonna end?"

"I don't know we are so good at fake dating at this point I couldn't really imagine slipping up at this point." I say sitting on Lafayette's unmade bed across the small room.

"Well What does your actual boyfriend think about all this?" Alexander asks running his fingers through Peggy's curls.

"He thinks it's kinda funny" I say.

"How did you guys meet" Peggy says rolling over in Alexander's lap to look at me.

Before I can answer Lafayette walks in the room.

"How did who meet?" Lafayette says flopping next to me on the bed.

"Peggy and her new girlfriend" I say quickly.

"Qui?Peggy was asking how she met her own girlfriend?" He says confused.

"It's a umm English expression." Alexander says.

"Okay" Lafayette says still a little confused "are you sure you should let another women snuggle up on your man like that" he says shoving my shoulder a little and indicating at Alexander.

"Yeah your right" I say jumping up and walking over to the bed, Peggy scrambled up moving to rest her head on Alex's shoulder. I put my head in his laps, laying my legs across the bed. It isn't a traditionally attractive angle, I could see Alexander's Chins, up his nose, but I kinda liked it. I liked how he looked down on me, he runs his fingers through my hair, fiddling playful with the curls.

Before I left for France I think being this close to Alexander might have killed me. But the time away was refreshing, I missed Alexander I did but, with him so far away my mind finally had time to wander. I collected my thoughts, I walked around Paris, I had normal people fun. It made me realize that he was just a person-

My breath hitches a little as his fingers graze my scalps and I have to close my eyes. Okay maybe he is more than just a person. Atleast to me. But my new boyfriend, was cute, sweet, and funny. He didn't yell at me every three seconds like Alexander did, we were the same size so he didn't have to stand on his tippy toes to kiss me, it all just made sense with him.

Suddenly I feel lips, graze my forehead and smile wistfully with out opening my eyes.

"I know I encouraged it" I hear Lafayette say "but I regret this"

I open my eyes and roll over to look at him, which just makes Alexander move his fingers to my side. I can feel his fingers easily through my thin cotton t-shirt. He stops above my hip pinching me slightly before working his fingers back up.

"I know there is something wrong with watch Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton all cuddly." Peggy says.

"Why don't we get to be cuddly" Alexander says "everyone else does?"

"When is anyone else ever cuddling?" Lafayette says.

"Come on I saw your foots affair with Washington under the table at lunch yesterday" Alexander says pinching me again a little harder this time.

"You saw that!" He says "I thought we were so secretive"

"Yeah, the blushing, and staring, was so secretive" he says.

I let their brotherly bickering become background noise, and allow my eyes to fall closed again. The only focus of my mind is the feeling of his fingers. It felt tantalizing to be this close to someone. With my real boyfriend still in Paris, this was as close to physical affection as I got.

For years I hadn't even slightly wanted to have someone who could make me feel weak. And now suddenly it was all I needed. It felt like an addiction, I couldn't really go with out it.

"I got to go, on my apparently not a secret date" i hear Laf call, and feel a movement as Peggy scrambles off the bed.

"Yeah, I should go to" Peggy's says and I finally open my eyes to wave them goodbye.

I turn back to look up at Alexander, wondering if I should move off his lap. But his warm smile doesn't make me feel like I should.

"So how did you meet?" He asks "you really haven't told me anything about him"

"We met at this stupidly formal party. Nether of us wanted to be there. My Dad dragged me there to network, his Mum was hosting so he had to go. But we ended up sneaking out, and going to McDonalds in our Tuxedos" say smiling at the fond memory.

"And He is really okay with us?" He asks

"Why wouldn't be be?" I ask "it's just a joke he gets it"

"Right yeah a joke."