Chapter 13

“Today is a month after my son, Prince died. I couldn’t believe it. I just couldn’t. How? Why?

I haven’t even said how much I love him. I wish I had the chance to say thank you for being my only son. But he’s gone now. I wish it was me. I have nothing left of me except this company.

I wish he forgave me of the things I’ve done to him. Of our family. But it’s now too late. Why? Why so soon?

I’ve never been a great father. I’ve been the father of my company but not of my family. This is the biggest mistake of done in my life.

What’s left for me? Nothing. It doen’st matter who I am. I am nothing. I have a company I’ve raised for many years but a son I haven’t even get a chance to bond with. I am so sorry son. If only you were here to hear this.

I am just so sorry.

Mr. Ezekiel Anderson is what they call me. But I never heard my son call me dad. Never even once in my life. In his life. I don’t know how I got myself in to this situation. Somehow, all the riches I’ve got today is just never enough. I am very lonely thanks to myself.

Since his mom died. He hated me so much, he left. He never came back to me. And it was never my concern until now that I realized, I am so lonely.

I am very lonely. My son was priceless. I wish I could pay his life back. I would give up everything just to bring my son back. Justice! I need Justice! My son needs Justice!

Now, that I am signing this petition of knowing who caused my son’s death, I will pay $1 Billion as reward to give him justice.

My son’s death was very unforgivable. It caused me a big damage. A big emptiness that suffocates me every second of my every day just kills me. I don’t have the peace of mind that I long since my son died. Oh, son. Please, forgive your father. I’m so sorry.”

I have never had a speech like that for all the rest of my life. I couldn’t help thinking of my son. Now, talking in this press conference, I couldn’t help myself being so emotional. I loved my son so much. I just wished he knew that before he will be gone forever.

A whole month that I have never even had a very good sleep. The guilt haunts me, totally. I couldn’t bare the fact that my son died gruesomely.

Oh God, why is this happening to me?

***

Mr. Daniel Hernandez’s POV

The Press Con is finally over. And wait, did I just hear my bro, Zeik signed a $1 Billion reward for the suspect of the incident? Woah! That’s like a quarter of my company shares. Ang laki niyan, ah. Someone would actually pose as the suspect and well, even if he was suicidal and his gang would take part of the money, that is like an instant fortune. The world would get crazy for that. This should not happen. This is not good.

Pinuntahan ko na si Zeik kasi the decision was not well thought of.

“Zeik, have you gone crazy? How in the world have you thought of losing almost an octal part of the company? You’d cause chaos because of that.” No, this should not happen.

“I have no other choice, Dan. I have to do this. I have to do this for my son.”

“Zeik! Pull yourself together. This is not the solution. Please, stop these shenanigans and just, carry on with our lives. The company’s life is at stake.”

His face turned red. It was something that I said, wasn’t it?

“It’s about this damn company that killed my son! My son should’ve been alive if it wasn’t for this company! I would give up everything just to bring my son back!” He sobbed.