Getting better

Pov Bill

I couldn't think of anything else at the time, we were at the warehouse waiting for Pinetree to wake up. We fixed him up as best as we could , our abilities did help a lot. Star hasn't left my side because we both cared a lot about Pinetree, well a lot more than the rest.

I've been holding her for this hold time, she wouldn't let go of me. I thought it was annoy but I didn't mind after a while. She's just scared and worried about Pinetree. Will and Andrew are talking to each other while Widow is in her room.

Pinetree is such a good person in my eyes. We've gotten to know each other, he's such a sweetheart to star as well. I'm sitting outside with star, I'm comforting her as best as I can.

"Why didn't he tell us?" Star asked me.
"I really don't know Star, he's was keeping this from us for three weeks. We were the only ones who were suspicious about this." I said.

Star usually does act like this with anyone, I guess she really cares about him. Just like I do. Star and I stood up and looked at the door. We both went inside. When we close the door we see Pinetree standing.

"Pinetree? "

Star and I run up to him and he almost falls to his knees. I caught him and looked at him. His eyes were soulless, his face was lifeless as well.

"Pinetree you shouldn't be getting up." I said.
"I failed." Pinetree mumbled.
" What?" I said.
"I-I f-failed." Pinetree said.
"Pinetree, why didn't you tell us about this? " I asked.
"Mr. Dipper? "
"N-No, No, no, no, no, no." He was freaking out.
"Pinetree!" I yelled.

He went to his knees and we did too, we didn't know want was going on with Pinetree.

"It all my fault." He said pushing back his hair.
"Pinetree." I said.
"I-I... "

Pov Dipper

"I-I... "

My eyes widen as I felt his arms around me. When I would usually break down, no one would really comfort me. It felt weird to me because I would be the one trying to comfort the person.

"It's okay." Bill said.

My head was running around and I-I couldn't focus. My chest was pounding, well it felt heavy and tight like I couldn't breathe. My hands were slightly shaking, my head was pounding as well. I my mind was telling me not to tell them the truth, but my heart was saying Dipper you have to tell them, you've been in vain for so long. You finally have people you trust to help you, your finally not alone.

I know I'm not alone, but the feeling of being used, of being betrayed, of losing someone so close to you, of being alone again, of being, of being me? I can't live with myself if the same thing happens again, I just can't-I told myself that I wouldn't get to close to people, but my stupid self decided too.

My body, my heart, my soul and mind are fighting with each other. I haven't felt these emotions in a long time, I don't show any other emotion as much as I use too. The feeling of losing everything again because you decide to be the hero in some fairy tail.

Tears start to come down my eyes as I cry into his chest. I can't lose him too.

"I-I'm so sorry." I said.
"For what?" Star said.
"For this." I said.
"You did wrong, you don't have to apologize." Star said.
"I'm so sorry, I-I'm sorry."
"You did nothing you shouldn't feel bad. " Star said.
"I-I just let him, I was just scared." I said.
"He's done this to me before, I was scared okay, I didn't know what else to do. If I told anyone he would do more things to me, I couldn't walk for days but you guys kept going. When he found about you guys, I couldn't them him hurt you. " I said while holding onto his shirt.
"Pinetree... "

I shouldn't have told them at all, why couldn't I keep my mouth shut. I felt like Ford already knew about them, but he just didn't want to tell me. I was so worried about other things that I kept on hearing Mabel's name. I would always protect her and that's the name that will come up. I was blinded by every single thing and instead of testing on Mabel he was going to test on my friends. That's why I was more scared, I couldn't let him. I felt the hug tighten.

"Your scared and worried about keeping others safe, you never had this feeling of comfort before. You don't have to feel alone anymore because we care about you as well." Bill said.
"Mr. Dipper we care and we want you to feel better." Star smiled.

The feeling of someone who cares about me enough for me to stay, is amazing. I looked into his eyes as he wipped my tears away. I felt silly after all this. It's crazy how emotion work, right?

"You're safe." Star smiled.
"You're not alone anymore." Bill said.
"I-I'm not a-alone." I mumbled.
"There we go, Pinetree " Bill smiled.
"Mr. Dipper is safe." Star said.
"I-I'm not alone." I mumbled.
"Pinetree." Bill softly said.

I felt his warm hand on my cheek as I made a dull smile. We all stood up and I looked at them, they care about me. I have to keep them safe now, I can't let them get hurt.

They say on the couch and smiled at me. I sat down next to Bill as he smiled at me, he looked at me and said everything was going to be okay. I believed him because I know it's true. Star sat on my lap and I didn't mind.

I just smiled down at Star as she talked about random stuff. The injuries outside my body were fine but the ones inside weren't. They can't he fixed, but I can pull through.

I was stroking her hair softly and from the corner of my eye I see Bill smiling at me. I guess I shouldn't worry anymore.

Now I have someone else to look after