Chapter 8-I Do

Today was the day. The day that Aspen would no longer be known as Aspen Johnson, but as Aspen Davenport and she couldn't be happier. She just hoped that everything would be okay, because of some of the people she decided to invite. 

She knew that as soon as her parents and Chandler saw Chris and his family that they would go crazy but she just hopped that they'd be civil at least for her and for a couple hours. Aspen was also changing the tradition around and instead of her Dad walking her down the isle it was going to be Chris because she hadn't seen him years and she wanted him to do it. Her Dad knew that she wanted to do it with someone else, but just didn't know who. 

"It's your wedding day!" Bree exclaimed, rushing into her room with Tasha, Katie, Marie, and Janelle. 

Adam had finally decided that Chase was his best man, and Chase actually cried after he had asked. The wedding was  going to be outside at the beach and then they would all come back to Aspen's parents house and have the reception before Aspen and Adam left to go on their week honeymoon to Italy. They still had school, and couldn't miss a whole lot. 

"Let's get started on hair and make up." Maria smiled at her daughter, "Adam and the boys are already ready and left."

"I'm nervous." Aspen said as her mom got started on doing her make up and Tasha started to do her hair. 

"Honey, everyone is nervous on their wedding day." Tasha smiled at her in the mirror, "You're gonna walk down that isle with whoever you chose, and you and Adam are going to live a long happy married life." 

"You've been together for three years and he hasn't left yet, so I don't think you'll have anything to worry about." Bree told him, "Besides, you'll be my sister-in-law in a few hours and I can't wait." 

*******

After 2 hours of getting hair and make up done, Aspen was in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt until they got there so she could put her dress on. The closer they got the more nervous she started to feel. 

It wasn't necessarily the wedding that was making her feel that way, it was what her parents and Chandler were going to say when they saw Chris walking her down the isle. 

"Is that who I think it is?" Maria asked, turning to her daughter.

"Yeah, Mom. I invited Chris, Brandon, Nate and Vanessa." Aspen said, "I want them to be here. He's your son, and that's your grandkids and daughter-in-law." 

"I know honey." Maria smiled, "I he walking you down the isle?" 

"Yeah. 

*****

Aspen sat in the tent they sat up for her when two sets of arms wrapped around her and she laughed as she heard her Mom, Tasha, Bree and Janelle protested. 

"Aunt Nick!" 

"Nate! B!" She exclaimed, hugging them back. They all pulled away, and Aspen looked up, "B, you really need to stop growing! I'm a year older than you and your taller than me." 

"Yeah, that ain't happening Cole." He laughed. "You would think those heels would make you taller but they don't." 

"Shut up. We can't all be giants like you, your dad, and Chandler." 

"Speaking of Dad, he wanted to talk to you, but said we could come see you first." Nathaniel said, "But I have a question." 

"Shoot." 

"Is the guy your marrying nice?" He asked.

"You'll love him." Aspen said, "He's bionic just like I am so I think you'll love him a little more than usual."