Getting Accustomed

Janet's POV

December 17th

I slid out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom to pee. I knew I shouldn't have had all those drinks last night. As soon as I sat down on the toilet to do my business, the house phone began to ring. I sighed and tried to decipher out a plan on how I would answer it and pee, but it was obvious that this came first. Besides, who had the nerve to call me at this time of night... err, morning.

Once I finished up in the bathroom, I dried my hands and went to lay back in bed. The feeling of the pillow under my head was all I needed to drift back to sleep. A few moments later, the phone rang again. I groaned and reached out to grab it then pressed it against my ear.

"Hello?" I mumbled sleepily with my eyes still closed,

"Wake up! Did you know they're trying to move us out the London?" I groaned hearing how loud Whitney was,

"Whit, what are you talking about? And why are you awake? It's damn near 4 in the morning."

"I have an early flight, and I'm talking about those dusty executives!" I sighed and rolled onto my back as I kept my eyes closed,

"Why London?"

"I have no clue, but I refuse to move somewhere that humid. Do they not realize we're black women?!" I chuckled drowsily and yawned,

"Mm, I'm sure they've noticed. I'll talk to Tom when I wake up at a more decent hour, but until then, goodnight Whit!" She chuckled,

"Night, girl." I hung the phone up and drifted off to sleep.

..........................

Mariah's POV

7am

I sighed and slowly opened my eyes, feeling the sun against my skin. If I could stay in for a few more hours and sleep, I would, but I needed to start getting my things situated for this housing situation. I wasn't quite sure where we'd be, but what I was sure about was that I wasn't going to settle for some old dingy twin sized bed.

My mattress needed to be memory foam and my bedframe couldn't squeak. Walter and I walked around the furniture store, trying out different mattresses and examining all the different styles. I could have easily brought my own bed along, but what if I wanted to up and leave the place? I couldn't drag my bed out the house with me.

"So, what I'm hearing is, you have all of these mattresses but no memory foam?" The owner nodded nervously. I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"On to the next store?" I nodded,

"Yeah, Walter. Come on." We walked out and I nearly fell back as I collided with someone.

"For someone so light, you could take down a football player." My head snapped in her direction as a smile crept onto my face,