New Day, New Feelings

1 Month Later

Janet's POV

I watched the waves as they crashed onto the shore. What a beautiful day. I held the blanket tight between my fists as my fingers brushed against the fringe. This seemed to be the only thing I had control over. Walking outside into the same environment that caused so much ruckus within the ocean's depths always seemed to remind me of how in control I truly was. I wasn't being tossed side to side by giant unpredictable tides. I wasn't being beaten on repeatedly like the shore was.

I was just here; Standing in my stability. I stared up at the light wispy clouds. It had been a while since it stormed. My chest lifted as I inhaled a deep breath of the crisp air. 

"Enjoying yourself?" 

I jumped as Whitney made her way over to me. 

"Yes, I am." She smiled at my response and arched her eyebrow as her dark brown eyes pierced into mine, "What?" 

She shrugged and crossed her arms, 

"How long do you two think you're going to keep this up?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, wondering what exactly she was going on about. 

"What're you talking about, Whit?"

"Girl, I'm not dumb. What's going on with you and Mimi?" I chuckled and shrugged as I looked back out at the ocean.

"Nothing worth mentioning." She huffed and after a moment of silence, her soft laugh filled the air. I glanced over my shoulder at her, wondering what kind of demonic, bipolar ass spirit had possessed her. "...the hell-"

"You know, you two really thought you were slick that night. Slippin' and slidin' in that baby ass tub." 

My eyes widened as she continued to relive the first night that Mariah and I had became intimate.

"Whit-"

"Y'all looked like two skinny seals on a slip and slide!" I rolled my eyes as she cracked up, and made my way towards the house. I slid the glass door open and stepped inside, bumping into Madonna.

"Watch where you're going, Jackson." I rolled my eyes, purposely stomping on her foot, as I walked by.

"Will do, bitch." I chuckled as she squealed and quickly bent down to hold her foot. 

"I thought you were going to try to be nicer to her." A soft voice said. My head turned in its direction, seeing Mariah hop up onto the island. I shrugged and held the blanket tighter,

"And I thought you had a date to go on today? Where's your little big headed prince?" She arched her eyebrow at me as I shook my head and finally left the kitchen. 

I wasn't quite sure which part of the house my feet would lead me to, but I did know that I wasn't in the mood to be in my own room. I needed to isolate in complete silence and find a distraction. I made my way up the stairs, to Madonna's side of the house. It had been a minute since I caused some ruckus and went through her belongings. 

Why not refresh my memory? 

I bumped the door with my hip, walking into her bedroom, while instantly scrunching up my face. "Smells like stale depression and must.." I mumbled under my breath as I covered my nose with the blanket and pushed open one of the windows. 

I scanned the room, getting a better glimpse of everything with the new lighting shining through. A black book caught my eye, hanging halfway off of the dresser. I walked over, grabbing it as my fingers quickly opened the velvet cover and scanned through the pages. My eyes widened at the sight of Madonna in multiple sex positions with all 87 of her underaged lovers. 

I quickly threw the book on the ground and gagged as I began to feel my breakfast slide its way up. "oh my God, she has so many wrinkles in places they shouldn't be-" I quickly ran over to a small trash bin, emptying out the contents of my stomach as my body shook from the heaving.

"It's a little stuffy in here, ain't it?" I glanced over my shoulder, seeing Mariah, and rolled my eyes as I got myself together and continued to shuffle through her belongings,

"I opened the window, but I guess the wind is too scared to come inside. I don't blame it." She looked at me and scrunched up her face while I avoided eye contact. "Can I help you with something?" Her expression softened as she picked at her nails and sighed,

"..no.. um, maybe I can help you look around?" I arched my eyebrow and glanced at her as she quickly knelt down to pick up the book I previously held,

"Don't!" She froze in place and looked at me like I was crazy as I grabbed my stomach and gagged. 

"Are you alright??" I just closed my eyes and nodded slowly.

"Yeah, let's leave." She only nodded and followed me as I made my way back to our side of the house. Before I could make my way downstairs, Mimi grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Jan, we gotta talk this out sooner or later." I frowned and shook my head,

"Ain't nothing to talk about-"

"Why're you being such an ass to me!"

"Because you used me!" She stared at me, partly hurt, while I removed my arm from her grasp. "You knew my feelings for you and-" 

"Janet.." 

"I was just some test subject for you! Ya'know, if you were just horny, that's all you had to say. You never had to make me fall in love."

"It wasn't like that-"

"Well, your new boy toy says otherwise! You think I'm bitter, but the truth is, I would have never treated you like you treated me." We stared at one another for a few moments before the doorbell rang. I glanced down over the railing and watched as Whitney let him in.

"Tommy's here!" Whitney hollered out. I chuckled and looked at Mariah once more. 

"Looks like it's time for you to go." 

She clenched her jaw and quickly slid her sunglasses on, covering up her glossy eyes. I held my breath as she made her way down the stairs and quickly engulfed him in a tight hug. The two soon left and I was able to breathe normally again. I eased down the stairs and made my way back into the kitchen.

"Hungry?" I smiled over at Whit and nodded,

"You know me so well." She giggled and patted the seat at the island then got to cooking.

"You may think that I don't know a lot, but I know enough." I sighed and rubbed my face,

"Whit, please-"

"I don't think it's what any of us thinks it is. He's 20 years older than her. This doesn't feel like some fairytale. He has to be-"

"Whitney, please. I don't want to talk about it anymore. She made her choice and... it wasn't me." I laid my head down on my arms and bit my lip as my mind raced.

"I'll drop it, but all I'm gonna say is, maybe it wasn't her choice to make." I frowned slightly and glanced up at Whitney as she arched her eyebrow. 

After a few minutes, the sound of heels clicked their way into the kitchen, catching our attention. I looked over, making eye contact with Madracula herself. She raised an eyebrow and put both hands on her hips,

"Like what you see?" I slowly shook my head and mumbled,

"...you're so flexible for a prehistoric tyrannosaurus rex." Whitney choked on her tea as Madonna squinted at me, moving closer.

"Excuse me?!" I partially gagged in my mouth before shaking my head,

"n-no.. excuse me." I gripped my stomach as I threw up onto her heels, causing her to scream. Whitney covered her mouth as I groaned and laid my head back down on the island. 

I needed a nap.