Part 1: Chapter 2

(A/N: Broderick Hunter as Chris Davis)

Chapter 2: + and - Attract ;)

What had been simple curiosity about a new kid was quickly turning into a full-blown cr-c-c--goodness, he couldn't even say it-- crush! Ethan may have been crushing on the new black kid Chris Davis. No, not even "might": it was quite bad.

In the past few months, Ethan went from wondering if Chris played sports to wondering why Chris hadn't been sitting with his legs crossed during history. Any second where he wasn't working in class, he was studying Chris.

So far, he learned that he has a dog, is an only child, listens to jazz music, and plays Rugby. All without ever speaking to the guy. Yeah, always speaking and talking to people that didn't want to talk to him Ethan wasn't talking to the new kid.

He wanted to, wanted to really badly, but whenever he thought about it he got super nervous. Ethan thought it was probably for the best because then he wouldn't push Chris away with his weirdness.

The good news about that though was Ethan was able to silently be around Chris without ever having to explain. He had been frequenting Chris' rugby games too and has developed an interest in the sport as well. Whether it was a genuine interest or slowly because of Chris' involvement, Ethan still wasn't sure. Either way, he was always the loudest when it came to leaping out of his seat and cheering his lungs off.

World's #1 Secret Cheerleader award is definitely Ethan's.

Ethan had decided a while ago that he wouldn't be doing anything about his crush. He was in a similar position to Aiden's because Chris had the attention of dozens of people, mainly girls, and had quickly assimilated himself among the popular bunch.

It was even more hopeless than Aiden's dreams because Ethan wasn't even into a girl, but a guy. The chances of uber macho and cool Chris wanting to get freaky with hyper Ethan was just impossible --even Ethan could figure that out.

So, he watched from afar and enjoyed seeing the beauty of Chris's bright smile directed at someone else.

-----

Ethan was doodling the silhouette of Chris's face on the corner of his textbook and glancing up frequently get a view of Chris's face. He often had to slap his hand over the corner when he thought one of his classmates was looking over but, for the most part, didn't get much attention about it.

Their teacher announced an assignment that they had to complete by the end of the day and gave them some free time to get started. Completing the assignment now instead of later was especially important to some of Ethan's classmates since it was Friday and tons of people wanted nothing to worry about so they could party and enjoy their free time.

Ethan had luckily been paying attention this time and pulled out his school laptop. Truly, it was his only laptop, but specifying that it was from the school always made him feel more special than he really was.

He had only just typed in his password and sat waiting for the device to load when he heard someone talking. That alone was pretty odd since everyone was talking and Ethan was always zoning out for one reason or another. But, he was hearing it clearly and soon realized that it was because Chris was talking.

Of-fucking-course.

From what Ethan heard, Chris had forgotten his charger at home and his laptop was nearly dead, making it impossible to work on his assignment for more than a second. Of course, all of Chris's popular friends were also irresponsible and hadn't thought of bringing their chargers as well.

Chris was now awkwardly glancing around the room, trying to find a classmate he felt comfortable asking for a charger. His eyes met Ethan's for a second, two gazes locking in what Ethan felt to be an intense moment before Chris set his sights elsewhere. His gaze fell on a cute mixed girl next behind Ethan. While Chris smirked, Ethan paled.