seven

In which they get to know each other.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

I've just told you, my dear. And I refuse to pay you less because that would be treating you badly. In fact, if you ever want more—» hey, Jisung!"

The boy jumped on his place, his eyes shooting opened at the sudden calling. He looked up at the giggling Mirae and he brushed his eyes with his fist, "Sorry. I think we should take a break."

"From what?"

"English," he deadpanned and snatched the book from Mirae's hands and threw it onto the couch behind himself. "We've done more than half of the summary, why don't we leave this for other day and just take a nap?"

"A nap?" she repeated, staring as he slowly let his body lay on the couch, his head on her legs. She felt her skin feeling aware of his soft hair and she tried to look away to calm her sudden racing heart. "Jisung, there's no time for naps. It's like almost six in the evening, if you sleep now you won't sleep at night."

"Shh, I'm trying to sleep here," he mumbled and he turned around, his puffy cheeks pressing against her thigh.

"Wake up!" she tried to shake him, but he moved her hand away. "Jisung! Wake up! We're not finished with the work."

"It was enough for today."

"Says who?"

"Me," he grinned with his eyes closed, to which Mirae rolled her eyes and started poking his cheek to annoy him. She smiled when he started frowning, "Mirae, stop, I want to sleep!"

"You can't sleep!" she laughed. "We have to finish."

Jisung whined and sat up, giving her a pout, "Why can't we take a break?"

"If we do, we're going to end up doing nothing for as long as you're staying."

"And that's bad because?"

Mirae rolled her eyes and scoffed, standing up to pick up the book from behind him. However, Jisung grabbed her by the wrist and sat her back down, a grin plastered on his face as she yelped in surprise. She glared at him and freed her hand, fixing her glasses as she spoke, "Give me the book, please."

"No," he smiled and she had to look away to prevent her cheeks from blushing. She sighed irritated and before she could re-think she pushed him backwards, the book ending up underneath him. "Wait, no!" she yelled and grabbed his hand to pull him up.

But Jisung didn't miss the opportunity and pulled her down, Mirae crashing against his chest with a thump and her glasses on the couch, closely to his neck. He wrapped his arms around her and used his legs to hold her legs so she wouldn't get up and he smiled against her hair, "See? Everything's better when you're lying down."

"Let me go!" she said, feeling her body slightly shaking due to nervousness.

She had never been that close to a boy, and given the fact that she had been finding herself thinking about him—when she shouldn't because she barely knew him—she was a whole mess. A small part of her wanted to stay still and enjoy a little bit of the closeness, a very small part of her mind; but the other bigger part kept yelling out for personal space.

"Dude, I just wanted the book," she whined and waited until he decided to let her go. She had to admit being on his chest was quite comfortable, yet it didn't remove the fact that she was still wearing the school skirt. She was slightly worried it might have lifted up, but even if it was, he couldn't see it so it was partially save.