forty five

In which there's a party.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

Mirae almost jumped out of the car when the car went through the street to Soobin's house. Even if she could barely feel her sore legs, she was willing to walk just to get out of there. That was how awkward she was feeling.

She was glad the boys had stopped teasing her and Jisung, but she still was on Hyunjin's lap, her back as straight as possible with her eyes glued on the back of Changbin's head, afraid to move at all.

Just as the car stopped, Mirae opened the door and jumped out, letting a relieved sigh. Her legs were hot and tense, her neck damp with sweat and her face red in embarrassment. "I'm so sorry," she apologized to Hyunjin before running to the back to take her bags out.

"Don't worry!" she heard him yelling.

"Guys and Mirae!" Chan called out as he approached to the car storage. "I need you to change quickly so you can help Changbin and Minho with the decoration. I'll be in charge of welcoming the guests since I'm basically the only one who knows them. Okay?"

They all chirmed out their replies before stepping inside the house. Mirae called dibs on the shower and went upstairs as quickly as she could, feeling how her legs seemed about to give in with each stair.

She got into Soobin's familiar room and locked the door just in case. She dropped her school bag on the bed and took out the clothes she had picked up, leaving the cardigan aside since she wasn't cold.

She went inside the bathroom into the shower, taking all of her clothes before stepping inside. She took a quick cold shower, leaning her head so the water could hit her back muscles freely. It was the most refreshing feeling of the world. She ran her hands through her hair, feeling how each and every single muscle moved along, realizing then how tired she really was.

She finished washing herself and grabbed the towel that was hung next to the shower, silently praying for it to be clean and unused by Soobin. She dried her body and slipped on her underwear, clothes and shoes, then using the towel to wrap up her wet hair so it could be less wet.

Not really wanting to be make-up-less, she looked for the only waterproof mascara she owned and carefully applied it on, remembering how there was a high chance of her going into the pool later when Soobin arrives. Mirae also found a waterproof dark red lipstick and applied a bit of it on her lips to give her face a bit of color.

Once she finished, she carefully took the towel off her hair and grabbed Soobin's hair brush after softly asking if she could use it—even if there was no one that could hear her. She untangled her hair and let it fall over one side, not really feeling like doing anything exceptional on it.

She looked at her reflection and shrugged, satisfied with the result. She quickly saved everything back on her bag and made sure to leave the towel drying on the shower's windshield before going downstairs.

The first person she encountered was Seungmin, who was not wearing a red polo shirt with dark jeans, his hair wet styled to the side. His eyes scanned her attire just as she did so, a small smile appearing on his lips as he quickly waved at her. "You look nice."

"Thanks. You do too—"

"Jisung's going to drool when he sees you," he smirked, receiving a dirty look form her.

"I don't care if he does."

I'm worrying if I will be the one drooling, knowing how he looks good effortlessly.

With those thoughts in mind, she followed Seungmin to the back side of the house where she found Minho, Changbin and Felix hanging up lights and birthday decorations on the window of the house that led to the backyard.